~prologue~

The Arizona sun sank in its orange sky with a sickening melancholy hue.

                                                                        ~~~ 

Sam and Dean had been driving for 8 hours straight. From Albuquerque to Phoenix, now they were almost to Sedona, Arizona.

The drive was long and tiresome and so the brothers took turns driving while the other one got some wink-eye. 

It was Sams turn to take over and drive so Dean found a deserted truck stop and pulled over.

Time on Deans watch read 8:47PM. 

The heated skies had cooled and they had darkened considerably. 

"Sammie, wake up." Dean called into the back seat to his brother.

There was no response.

"SAM!!!" Dean yelled abruptly, reaching into the backseat to claw at the cocooned sleeping bag of his bros body.

Sam startled awake, a confused expression quickly etched onto his slightly homosapien features. Red hot cheeto dust crusted around the corners of his mouth.

"wha.... Whaa???" Sam mumbled incoherently, peering through the sleep capsules inhabiting his mocha eyes while scratching his scalp through a bundle of caveman hair coiled up on his head from sleeping. 

"Your turn to drive." Dean declared, taking a strong vape hit of lemon cream and blowing it straight into the backseat, temporarily blinding Sam.

Sam pullled out two over ripe bananas and offered one to Dean who raised his eyebrows in annoyance. 

"How long have you had those..." Dean demanded, staring in disbelief at the rotten produce.

"Uhh...just since we left Albuquerqu-" Sam was saying

"WHAT? You've had those for 8 hours?"

"Um.. yeah. So?.."

"We could've eaten those bananas 8 hours ago!" Dean exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation while staring at Sam. 

"Ok, true but we can eat them now," Sam said innocently as he climbed into the front seat, the tip of his tongue sticking out of corner of his mouth for concentration.

"Ya know what! I'm going to sleep. Eat 'em yourself." Dean grumbled and flung himself dramatically in the backseat, wiggling into the still-warm sleeping bag Sam had just been occupying.

"Ook..." Sam said, bug eyes glancing to the side as he slid into the drivers side and started up the engine and they began the rest of the journey to Arizona.

                                                                                 ~~~