four

'Petition for Adoption' is what was titled on the white sheet of paper. I signed my name on the bottom with a deep crimson ink reading Arabella Thea Wilder. Lexi was of course like a mother to me, especially since I had grown up with none. It was before this move had she decided that she wanted me to legally and officially be her daughter; I was more than happy you could say. I knew that I already found a home with her but it felt right knowing that everyone would be able to identify her as my mother-a woman I am so proud to call that. Without my biological mother in the picture it's nice to have a family who isn't dead to be truthful.

                  Currently waiting for the agent to call my name so we can discuss this entire situation was a drag. But, I'm more than excited to see the look on Lex's face when I present the manilla folder masking her adoption of me. It was weird, I didn't think that this would have happened to me. It was a good kind of change though. And that is what I need to focus on. I need to remember that this change excludes boys, I cannot stress the amount of problems any guy who associates with me is going to create.

                   If moving all those times in the past has taught me it's that you can never trust someone, because even the devil was once an angel.

               "Arabella Wilder?" a small women greets, holding a piece of paper in hand.

              I get up from the uncomfortable cushioned chair to make my way over towards the petite brunette. She swiftly turns around leading me the opposite direction from the waiting room.

             "My name is Vienna and I'll be looking over your case today," she says with authority. I was a nervous wreck and she knew it.

       When I came home around six o'clock, I did not expect to be waiting another two and a half hours for Lexi to show up. The note she left didn't offer anything but a 'I'll be back around seven or later, food in the fridge.'

              A) she was wrong about being back at seven and it's nine right now. B) she also mentioned there being food in the fridge but it was empty!

              I sighed, this was not how we were going to spend her birthday. It was going to be me and her watching Magic Mike while drinking a little. That's how we did it. Kept it small, low key, and (mostly) drunk.

                Well, maybe I should start that drunk thing a little before her.

                                                                TWO AND A HALF HOURS AFTER:

             Okay, I am definitely drunk by this point with no Lex in sight. My mind was starting to remember things I never wanted to be uncovered.

Faye Quentin

Sadie O'Connor

Valerie Black

Gabriella Davis

               I thought, those were only a fraction of the names I took in my past. The personalities all different. I cringed thinking about the past. And especially why I had to partake in using fake names.

          Faye was shy, but once approached and liked? Undeniably loud and humorous. She liked to go shopping and hang with the girls, and even had a secret crush on Jaden. He was the star quarterback with the matching star white teeth and dimples to melt your heart. Of course when he found out he asked to take her on a date. Faye was excited at the least, she finally had people to laugh with and confide in. Lastly, she had found hope. Nothing the other names had discovered.

            Sadie was different. Although not the shy type, Sadie did confide in everyone because she was a genuinely likable person. Much like Jaden, she was the star athlete of her cross country and track team. Winning state and becoming a champion. Her ambitions were to always aim for the constellations even if she missed, because chances are she'll still hit the galaxy and that was much more satisfying.

              And then there was Valerie Black. Ms. Black of course was the preppy, 'I-care-too-much' girl who always wore conservative clothes. No skirt could be shy of knee length and no shirt did not have sleeves. She was the girl who had a log up her ass that she never wanted to remove in case her reputation was ruined. Valerie, the goody two shoes who stupidly fell in love with the bad boy. Classic case of Taylor Swift falling for someone like Wiz Khalifa. It was unexpected but that was the best part. It ached to even think that she had found the love of her life and had to move causing them to break up.

         Oh, Gabriella Davis. Now she, she was something. Gabriella was once told that she lived in Nevada. She replied that her parent lived in Nevada, but she lived in the moment. The hippie out of all of them. The weed smoking, air headed hippie that loved everything about life. She was maybe the happiest, but she was the one of the very first persona's she took. Gabriella was never ungrateful. I think that's why most of the population or anyone who encountered her thought she was high on life, something they envied.

              Arabella.

            This is my real name. Not a fake one with a matching false personality. It was authentic, and I hated it. For each time we had gone there was always a list I made for the next name I was going to use. Along with what color I liked or if I had any pets. What music I loved or what type of guys I was into.

             But not this time. This time it was different. Different because somehow I felt this thing, this longing and force of knowing this was the last time I was ever going to leave again.

            Letting out a sigh, I head up to my room on the third floor. It was scary being all alone in this house all by myself. I just wished Lex was here. She hasn't replied to any of the 30 messages I texted to her or the 15 missed calls. But, if I can count on one thing, it's trusting that she is fine and will eventually come home.

               With that particular thought in my drunken mind, I let go only to fall into a hard slumber.

TWO FOR TWO, I'M ON A ROLL

I HOPE YOUR DAY WAS GOOD AND FUN FILLED, BECAUSE MINE WASN'T. WE HAVE THIS ASSEMBLY

THINGY TOMORROW THAT IS SUPPOSED TO INFORM US NOT TO DO DRUGS BUT ITS FOR LIKE

FREAKING TWO AND A HALF FUCKING HOURS LIKE IF ANYTHING I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THREE

HOURS OF MY LIFE SITTING ON BLEACHERS LISTENING TO THESE EX ADDICTS TELL US NOT TO DO

DRUGS. IF ANYTHING IT MAKES ME WANNA DO DRUGS JUSSS THINKING ABOUT THE TORTURE

TOMORROW BRINGS LOL