two

HAPPINESS

he had stayed up way too late again. turning over and peering at the clock on his side table the boys eyes widened and be sat straight up.

rushing out of bed and to the bathroom, he turned on the shower and let the hot water flow over his body.

stepping out he realized he had forgotten his towel. he laughed. he wasn't mad or agitated in all honestly, he was a naturally happy person.

happiness: that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can't help but smile. It's the opposite of sadness.

after getting dressed quickly and getting his bag the boy ran down the stairs, gave a quick goodbye to his sick roommate, grabbed an apple, and set out.

arriving at school and hurrying to class which he was nearly late to he greeted his teacher and friends.

"yo! hows it going, mr. johnson?" he shot a wink and a smile at the teacher

"take your seat please." the teacher scolded unamused.

"yes siree!" the boy said with a salute.

the class laughed.

he sat down and tried to pay attention as his mind wandered. what was he going to have for lunch? what was he doing after school? does he really need a haircut that bad?

so many questions, so many possibilities.

the bell rung and he, along with the rest of the school was of to their next class.

after a tiring, but fun day at school he had practice. he wasn't very good at the sport he played but he still had a smile on his face at all times.

finding the best in things was his specialty.

opening the door to the small apartment he shared with a friend, the boy looked around. no roommate in sight. must be taking a nap.

going to the kitchen he heated a piece of leftover pizza from the night before while humming a tune from a song he couldn't quite remember the name of.

looking out of the small window above the sink he looked out into the street full of cars, at the people on the sidewalk taking their normal route home from school and work, and the kids playing in the grass.

he went to his room and fetched his camera. snapping a few photos of cars, plants, and even people. he lowered the camera and looked at the photos he had taken and smiled.

taking photos from a young age with his father inspired him to take on photography. he had gotten his first real camera at the age of 12 and now at 16 years old he enters competitions and does paid photo shoots.

he smiled at the thought of just being alive, at the thought of being able to experience life and what it consists of.

"yamaguchi! are you home?" his roommate called from another room.

"yeah, im here!" he responded "do you need anything?" he said making his way to his roommate.

"don't look so worried, yama! it's literally just a cold man, it's weird seeing you with a frown cut it out!" the boys roommate said with a smirk.

"hinata i'm just worried. come on you're never sick for this long." he said with the remaining frown.

"right? usually i'm up and running in a week max!"

"exactly. take some medicine and i'll get you some water, okay?" the boy said smiling and heading for the kitchen.

he brought back iced water, soup, and an extra blanket. his hands were way too full. how he didn't drop everything? he didn't know either.

"you're too nice yamaguchi, when have i ever done this much for you?" the roommate questioned.

"what? you wouldn't have had to do anything for me to help you while you're sick!"

honest, kind, caring, and optimistic.

trust me there is way more to know about,

TADASHI YAMAGUCHI