three

tsukishima awoke to the annoying chirping of birds. pulling his pillow over his face he was tempted to suffocate himself.

ever since he moved in with his grandmother he had been doing online school. he didn't think he was ready to go back to school after his parents died and neither did his grandmother.

without having to get up and go to school everyday he could pretty much do anything he wanted but instead, he stuck to the same exacts routine every. single. day.

1. wake up
2. shower
3. breakfast
4. brush teeth
5. get dressed
6. attempt to do school

and so on.

he didn't really have to think about it, it just happened. its second nature by now.

he wasn't sure if he missed school or not. his grandmother had asked him if he wanted to go back and he just didn't talk about it. of course he missed having friends and what not but what else would be miss? the endless amount of work? the stress? the hard to deal with teachers?

didn't seem like much to miss to him.

plus the friend part wasn't much to miss either. tsukishima had never really had many friends. thats just how its always been. he had always been the snobbish type, not to be mean or anything it was just his way of protecting himself.

tsukishima hated many things. and liars happened to be one of them. he hated liars because he is one.

tsukishima is a pathological liar. and he hates it.

pathological liar: someone who lies compulsively.

he lies, and lies, and lies until he's chin deep. once again, a bad attempt to protect himself. 'protecting himself' became a habit. he began lying at any sign of trouble and surprisingly, he was good at it.

his personality, well old personality and lying habits were the main reason he never made or kept friends for long. they'd find out he had lied about something, get angry, leave, then come back and try to apologize.

he never accepted the apologies.

tsukishima also got tired of people quickly. too happy, too bright, too lazy, too grumpy. he'd rather be alone than be stuck with someone he didn't like. of course he felt bad ghosting them or completely losing contact but he just got tired and annoyed too fast.

the only friend he ever kept was, shirabu kenjirou.

"kei, shirabu is here! come down!" his grandma called up happily. she loved shirabu, mostly because he was friends with her grandson.

getting out of bed, tsukishima went down stairs without putting in effort to get dressed.

"you look a mess, did you just wake up or something?" shirabu remarked looking him up and down.

"i did actually," tsukishima scoffed "what exactly are you doing here anyway?" he questioned.

"aw, are you not happy i finally came to see you?" shirabu said with a pout.

"no. i'm going back to bed." tsukishima said turning to walk back up the stairs.

"hey! don't be like that, T!" shirabu spoke following after him.

shirabu was someone tsukishima could easily talk too and feel comfortable with, it all just felt so natural with him. at one point he might've even thought he was in love with him.

"you seriously need to decorate in here it look like a fucking waste land." shirabu laughed glancing over at tsukishima.

"i haven't really gotten to that, i've only been here for a few months." tsukishima responded.

"dont you have a thing for like, space and aliens? something like that?" shirabu asked flopping down on the bed.

"its dinosaurs. you were way off, shirabu!" tsukishima said in a fake offended manner.

"close enough." he shrugged.

"uh, not really," tsukishima laughed "one is in space and most likely isn't real and the other was a real life form on earth." he looked at shirabu.

"okay, mr. real life form take a shower and get dressed." sarcastically remarked.

"why?"

shirabu rolled his eyes. "because i wanted to go down to the library and maybe get a few books."

"and you invited me why?" tsukishima raised an eyebrow and the boy.

"because you never do anything with me anymore! you're always writing poems and doing other tsukishima things, i don't know!" shirabu finished off with a dramatic sigh.

"fine, i'm getting in shower." tsukishima said rolling his eyes.

"okay great! im gonna go down stair and keep g-ma some company!" shirabu said with a wink and a smirk.

tsukishima gave the other a disgusted look and headed for the bathroom.

shirabu was his best and only
friend so this couldn't go too bad.

omg hi
every time i ask what ship i should write about i get tsukkiyama so here i am.
i feel like this is gonna be a good one so
enjoy!

-summer