NUH(A.S) NOAH PART-3

Despite the continuous mockery and rejection, prophet Nuh continued appealing to his people to believe in Allah hour after hour, day after day, year after year, for nine hundred and fifty year he continued. But every generation that came to existence rejected Nuh as their father did.

He admonished his people and called them to Allah day and night, in secret and openly, he gave them examples, explained Allah's sign and illustrated Allah's ability in the formation of his creatures. But whenever he called them to Allah, they ran away from him. Whenever he urged them ask Allah to forgive them, they put their fingers in their ear and became too proud to listen to the truth.

They found every excuse to escape from the presence of Nuh. Before long prophet Nuh realized that the number of disbelievers were rapidly on the rise, whistle the number of believer remain unchanged.

He was very upset for his people and feared a terrible predicament for them, but he was left with no choice. So prophet Nuh prayed to Allah: "my Lord! They have disobeyed me and followed one whose wealth and children give no increase but only loss. They have plotted a mighty plot. They have said: 'You shall not leave your gods nor shall leave wadd, suwa, yaguth, ya'uq, nor nasr (names of idols).' Indeed they have led many astray. Oh Allah! Grant no increase to the disbelievers.

Allah soon revealed to prophet Nuh that no other man from his people would enter Islam thereafter. Sad and frustrated, prophet Nuh replied to Allah: "My Lord! Leave not one of the disbelievers on the earth. If you leave them, they will mislead your slaves and they will beget none but wicked disbelievers." (Al Quran 71:27)

Prophet Nuh's prayer was accepted by his Lord. He instructed prophet Nuh: 'and construct the ark under our eyes and with our inspiration and address Me not on behalf of those who did wrong. They are surely to be drowned." (Al Quran 11:37)

Outside the city limits away from the sea, prophet Nuh began to build the ark through day and night with the support and guidance of Angels. The construction of the ark continued amidst the constant mockery of the people. They jeered at prophet Nuh saying: "Does carpentry appeal to you more than prophet hood? Why are you building an ark so far away from the sea? Are you going to drag it to the water or is the wind going to carry it for you?" prophet Nuh answered: "you will come to know who will be put to shame and suffering."

*****

The ship was constructed, and Nuh sat waiting for Allah's command. Allah revealed to him that when the oven at his home begins to gush forth water, collect the believer and board the ark for it was the first sign of the beginning of the floods that would destroy the disbelievers.

 Allah revealed to him that when the oven at his home begins to gush forth water, collect the believer and board the ark for it was the first sign of the beginning of the floods that would destroy the disbelievers

Not long after, the terrible day dawned as water began gushing forth from the oven at the prophet Nuh's house. Nuh knew it was time to board the ark. Along with the believers Nuh also took within pairs of animals, birds and insects. The people who witnessed Nuh's peculiar behavior laughed at him again saying: "Nuh must have gone out of his head! What is he going to with the animals?"

Nuh's wife was not a believer with him so she did not join him; neither did one of Nuh's sons, who was secretly a disbeliever but had pretended faith in front of Nuh. He desperately called out to his son: "oh my son! Embark with us and be not among the disbelievers." The ignorant son of Nuh replied: "I will get to the mountain it will save me from the water." Nuh replied: "this day there is no savior from the decree of Allah except him whom he has mercy."

Likewise most of the people were disbelievers and did not go on board.

Soon after heavy rain began to pour from the angry skies and water began to rise through every crack on earth. 

 Hour after hour the level rose

 Hour after hour the level rose. The seas and waves invaded the land. The interior of the earth moved in a strange way, and the ocean floors lifted suddenly flooding the dry land. The earth for the first time was submerged.

Prophet Nuh witnessed the terrible calamity that has befallen his people. He knew disbeliever had no escape from the wrath of Allah. every disbeliever including Nuh's son wife was engulfed by angry waves never to be seen again.

*****

When every disbeliever had perished, Allah ordered skies and the earth: "oh earths swallow up your water and oh skies withhold your rain." The skies immediately cleared and the sun shone brightly on the land. Meanwhile Nuh's ark peacefully landed on mount Judi. Allah instructed his prophet; "oh Nuh come down (from the ship) with the peace from us and blessing on you and on the people who are with you."

As instructed, prophet Nuh along with the believers got off the ark, releasing the rescued animals, birds and insects across the green land. Prophet Nuh placed his forehead on the ground, prostrated his Lord and thanked Him immensely for His mercy and blessings. The believers were grateful to Allah for safeguarding them from terrible ordeal and observed a day of fasting as an act o gratitude to Allah.

******

The Quran draws the curtain on Nuh's story. We do not know how his affairs with his people continued. All we know and ascertain is that on his death bed he requested his son to worship Allah alone. Nuh then passed away.

*****

Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn Al-As narrated that prophet (S.A.W) said: "when the death of the messenger of Allah Nuh approached, he admonished his sons, 'indeed I would give you far reaching advice, commanding you to do two things and warning you against two things as well. I charge you to believe that there is no God but Allah and that if the seven heavens and the seven earth were put on one side of the scale and the word 'there is no God but Allah' were put on the other side, the latter would outweigh the former. I warn you against associating partners with Allah and against pride.'"

__________________________________

PLEASE VOTE......