Chapter 2

[WARNING] [WARNING] [WARNING]

I've changed this story into 'rated' because some of its upcoming content will have explicit scenes that are only intended for audiences 18 and above. I will have to warn you that some of its content may have non-consensual actions and if you are not comfortable with it, please do not read this story. I REPEAT, THIS STORY IS NOW RATED AND IT IS ONLY FOR AUDIENCE 18 AND ABOVE.

The noble guests were starting to get impatient. The king was behind schedule and surely it was disrespectful to everyone. Seo Yeon sat in the middle with her arms crossed. While the other contestants gossiped about the king, she was busy thinking about the rude bodyguard she met earlier. She wasn't even interested in the king like the other girls. 

A moment later, a tall figure walked through the door, causing all the girls' eyes to shimmer. The small chatters in the room stopped to look at the king. Lee Gon kept a straight face as he walked over to his seat. All the girls couldn't take their eyes off the king but Seo Yeon was an exception. Her eyes were glued on Jo Yeong who was behind the king. 

"I am terribly sorry for being late. I had to take care of something urgent," Lee Gon said, as soon as he was seated.

"It's totally understandable. I'm pretty sure as the king, you have duties to attend," Yuri, the princess of Kingdom Baekje replied.

One after another, the girls fought to have a conversation with the king but Seo Yeon was rather quiet. She answered a few questions and that was it. After an hour-long chat, the girls were taken to their chambers to get settled. 

Lee Gon's next schedule wasn't until 7 in the evening so he decided to go to his study room where he prefers to go over important documents. Lee Gon ordered Jo Yeong to shut the door and made sure no one else came in.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Lee Gon spoke, "Bring the files from the national treasury section. I need to sign a few documents by the end of today." 

Jo Yeong wasn't really expecting those words to come out of Lee Gon. At least he thought, they would take about what happened earlier. But he still grabbed the files on the shelf and handed over to Lee Gon. 

If Lee Gon didn't want to mention it, Jo Yeong would never speak about it ever again. Jo Yeong then decided to bury the memory deep down.

***

A week has passed since the incident. The mark on the collarbone has completely faded away. Jo Yeong stared into the mirror for sometime before putting on clothes. Of course, he wanted more... both of them wanted more... but burying it was the best for both of them. 

Today's event was for the contestants to ride horses with the king. As usual, while all the girls were busy selling themselves to the charming king, Seo Yeon was finding a way to get near Jo Yeong. She was trying to order the horse to turn right but the horse wasn't listening. Out of patience, she slightly kicked the horse, causing the horse to panic and run. 

Since it was her first time riding a horse, she immediately fell off because she couldn't balance herself. Fortunately for her, the horse ran to the right side so Jo Yeong came to the rescue as he was the closest. Jo Yeong grabbed her in bridal style and rushed to get treatment. Lee Gon was silently glaring at them from afar. 

The horse-riding schedule ended 3 hours ago and Jo Yeong still wasn't back. Lee Gon walked back and forth in his study room, unable to focus on any of his work.

"Your highness, may I ask if anything's troubling you?" Court Lady Noh asked. 

"Troubled? Do I look troubled?"