5

??? POV
that bitch... how dare she break up with me! i'll make sure she regrets it.

y/n... see you in a few weeks.

seungmin's POV
y/n is smiling for the first time. her smile lightens up my world. i want to see her like this forever.

i'm curious though. why didn't she ever tell people about him? was she scared?

"y/n, why didn't you tell anyone about your relationship? were you scared?"

she freezes. her smile slowly disappears. she lets out a sigh as she sits back down. i sit beside her.

"i wasn't scared. i tried telling people. my mom, my friends, the counselor, you name it. they didn't believe me. they would say, 'what? no, he couldn't have. he has such a pretty face, there's no way he can abuse you.' hearing that sentence over and over again started to get tiring, so i just gave up. i sat in the dark so much that i forgot what happiness was. i sat in the pain so much that i felt numb to it."

it turns out y/n tried reaching out for help, but it never worked. she continued to speak.

"i sat in emptiness for so long that i forgot what love was. i soon accepted the fact that in this world, no one truly loves me. love me, use me, abuse me. the usual cycle." she finished.

she looks up and gives me a weak smile. no one loves her, huh? then, what about me? her family and friends?

"what about your family and your friends?" i added.

she looks at me, still holding a weak smile.

"my friends left me after i started dating my abusive ex boyfriend. turns out they only used me to get closer to him-"

"..and? your family?"

she looks down, smile slowly disappearing as she takes a deep breath.

"tch, what family? after my dad and brother passed away, my mom hasn't been the same since. she's still denying to let them go and she releases all her emotions on me. anger, sadness, all of them."

we sit in silence for a few minutes. i can tell she doesn't want to talk about this anymore so i stopped asking questions. i check my phone and noticed how late it was getting. i stand up and turn to her.

"it's getting late, i'll take you ho-" before i could even finish my sentence, she grabs my wrist and held it tightly.

"please... i don't want to go home. i hate it there" she said as her voice was breaking.

she's back to her normal self, a fragile girl. i let out a sigh and suggested an idea.

"you can stay at my apartment if you'd like. i can sleep on the couch." (a/n: both y/n and seungmin are in college)

she smiles and gestures me to lead the way. i smile back and start walking. i feel a sudden tug on my backpack.

i look back and see y/n holding onto my backpack. i give her a confused look.

she notices and quickly lets go. she's stumbling her words around.

"s-sorry! this is just a h-habit of mine.."

i let out a small laugh.

what a cute habit.