9

y/n's POV
after a long day with jisung, i hesitated to go back home. my mom already yelled at me for staying at seungmin's house. good thing i told her it was a "girl". if she found out he was a boy, she would flip.

i'm lucky enough she let me even hangout with jisung.

i accidentally lost track of time. that's why i'm scared to go back. even if i'm a minute late she yells at me.

i ran so fast that i didn't even pay attention to my surroundings. i tripped on a few rocks and ran into a pole.

jisung offered a ride home, but i didn't want to bother him. he was also running late. i don't know what for though.

without knowing, i soon found my nose hurting. but, the impact was more soft. it wasn't a pole this time.

"i'm so sorry! i wasn't watching where i was go-" i stopped my sentence as soon as i saw who i bumped into. "...seungmin?"

"y/n there you are! jisung called me to come pick you up. he was worried, i guess."

"ah..." if i knew jisung would've called seungmin i would gladly take jisungs offer for a ride.

i'm trying to avoid seungmin. i can't even avoid him for a day. damn you, jisung.

"follow me," seungmin said as he reached his hand out. "i parked my car over there."

he waited for me to grab his hand. i didn't know how to reject it so i grabbed his hand.

he was walking in front of me. the wind gently ruffled his soft, brown hair.

he looked back at me and gave me a small smile.

my heart skipped a beat as i saw his face turn with the wind still playing with his hair.

i clenched my shirt with my free hand trying to calm myself down.

y/n no. don't fall for him. you barely know him. he's not even your friend.

we arrived at his car. he opened the door for me.

"thank you."

"anything for you." he said while giving me a smile.

i felt my face burning up so i quickly got into the car. that goddamn smile will be the end of me.

seungmin got into the car and put his seatbelt on.

"address?"

"hm?!" i was caught off guard because i was so deep in thought.

he laughed as he turned on the car.

"i need your address so i can drop you home, dummy."

dummy? HE-

"oh... haha," i awkwardly laugh as i tell him my address. "let's hurry, my mom's gonna be mad at me if i'm even more late."

he looked at me with a worried expression, but he soon sighed.

"alright.."

the whole car ride was silent. i was so deep in thought about seungmins sudden behavior towards me then i suddenly remember jisungs words earlier.

-flashback-

"you should give seungmin a shot. i bet he can change your perspective on love. he's really gentle and kind."

"not now.. im not ready."

"but it's so obvious you guys like each other, it's killing meeeee!"

"pfft, who said i like him? plus, i don't think he likes me."

i quickly bury my face back in my sweater paws whick makes seungmin glance over to me.

"you okay, y/n"

i jolt up and looked at him. he's paying attention to the road, but he glances every now and then.

"y-yeah! i'm fine. it's just jisung and his stupidity."

he laughs and nods.

"understandable. sometimes his stupidity takes over him. did he say anything to you?"

i stop functioning for like a second. oh, shit.

"u-uhm, it's nothing special!" i brush off the topic quickly.

he brushes off the topic as soon as he noticed the uncomfortable look on my face.

after a few minutes, we finally reached my house. i get out of the car and so does seungmin. he doesn't need to get out the car.

as i'm walking to the front door taking deep breaths, i suddenly felt someone grab my arm and quickly pulled me, making me very close to him.

i'm basically in his arms... sort of.

"wait.." he starts off.

my face heats up as he grabs my shoulders and pulls me a few inches away from him. he looks at me with those puppy eyes.

"i feel like you're ignoring me, why's that?"

"...oh," dammit, he caught me. "uhm, it's just i don't know you well and we aren't even friends.

"then, let's be friends!"

i look at him, kind of surprised.

"o-only if you want too! i won't force you."

jisung was right. he is gentle.

"okay. let's be friends, kim seungmin."

it's not long after he shows his bright smile. that smile made me feel safe. it's funny because i just met him, but that smile makes me feel like i've known him forever.

he pulls me in for a quick hug. my heart beats faster and my face burns up, but i slowly wrap my arms around him too.

he breaks the hug and ruffles my hair. he gets into the car and rolls down the window.

"i'll see you tomorrow! go inside before you get even into more trouble."

"yeah, i'll see.. you... t-tomorrow?" i'm caught off guard but before i could ask, he quickly zooms off.

TOMORROW? WHAT?!

i take a deep breath and walk inside my house.

i see a my mom leaning on the wall, waiting for me.