Chapter 2 - The courtyard

"We are here" Leaf says while struggling to get the key into the door. She finally unlocks the door and they walk in, there is a small kitchen with a nice modern look, and a living room with a couch and a huge TV with all the games you could want. They all stand in awe. "It's so cute" Zelda squeals as she rubs her hands across the marble island in the kitchen. On each side of the room are doors with each of their names and game logos. "Look at all these quality games" Pit squeals, ignoring Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. "This is perfect! We're close to the kitchen so we can get midnight snacks, we can wake up and go straight to the lounge to socialise and the courtyard is just a couple doors down! It's heaven!" Leaf mutters dreamily. "Well, im starved, how about we go grab a bite to eat from the café, it's in the courtyard so it's very close" stated link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they shut their door to head off, other fighters were just starting to leave their rooms as well. King De De De rushed to the cooks fridge in the kitchen. It's stocked with a single cake, or should I say was stocked as De De De consumed the entire thing in a matter of seconds. Dark pit walked past them and grumbled in a tone that would put Ron Swanson to shame. They reached the courtyard, a beautiful area with light grey stone paving. The cafe was located near the left corner, next to the theatre, in front of it was a blooming cherry blossom tree, surrounded by a small patch of grass. Leaf gasped. "This place is amazing, and I'm sure that cherry blossom tree and Sudowoodo will become great friends" leaf giggled. "Wait is that racist? like, Pokémon racist?" Zelda muttered to link in a concerned tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walk into the café and it's almost completely white, with plastic vines hanging from the walls (for some reason). They walk up to the counter and give the cashier their order, they decide to get take away but take a seat until their drinks arrive. Pit orders a Hot chocolate, link orders a latte, Zelda orders a Black Americano and leaf orders Oolong tea. Everyone starts talking but Pit spaces out. He can't stop staring at links eyes. They were so perfect, like a marble reflecting the ocean and sky, mixing the hues of blue together until they blend into each other perfectly. He was entranced. Thinking of him. Thinking of them. Suddenly Zelda and Link kiss, and look at each other passionately. Pits favourite reality is broken, he sheds a tear thinking of what could've been, 3 years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pit, are you all right?" leaf says while putting her hand on his shoulder. "The drinks should be here in a second, don't worry!". Pit looks at her, putting on a fake smile. "What are you talking about? I'm fine!". Their drinks arrive and they head back home. Leaf looks over to pit as a gust of wind blows through the courtyard causing petals to fly everywhere. "Are you sure you're ok?" She smiles sympathetically. He ignores her and walks faster, beginning to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took so long y'all, I've just found it hard to be motivated to do anything recently haha
Hope y'all enjoyed, I will try to make chapter 3 quickly but in the meantime you can hit the star button thing : D

ᴵᵗ ᵐᵉᵃⁿˢ ᵃ ˡᵒᵗ :³