Chapter Thirteen

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
-
Socrates

___________________

I'm having the best dream about being curled up under a bunch of blankets, in a pitch-dark room with nothing but my laptop and TV

I'm having the best dream about being curled up under a bunch of blankets, in a pitch-dark room with nothing but my laptop and TV. I start hearing a voice singing. It starts making this dream of mine turn into a little bit of a nightmare.

I realize I'm not dreaming a few seconds later when I hear someone who actually took private singing lessons butchering the song as she sings along to it at the top of her off-key lungs.

"Hope, it is way too early for this shit," I grumble, having no clue what time it actually is. "And why, for the love of God, are you singing? Do you want to kill me?"

She has my full support for the plan to kill you.

Keep dreaming but not going to work.

When I make the mistake of opening my eyes, I wonder if Hope roofied me with pot chocolate again while I slept. After reaching my husband's beautiful house yesterday, I couldn't take a tour since you know I was too tired to stay awake and choose to sleep in the first bed I saw.

Now? Now it looks like someone kidnapped me because... is this seriously a guest room?

The whole room is painted black with black sheets and pillows. As if it's a icing on top, there's a black U-shaped couch, accent tables and I see two rooms which probably are the washroom and closet. No painting, no decors! Nothing, it's blank.

I was too tired yesterday that I didn't notice anything. I just pulled myself out of my dress and jumped onto the bed without noticing another thing.

I turn towards the door only to find Hope, she's wearing a pink floral dress, her hair tied into a ponytail. Sitting up slowly as Hope continues to sing, bop along to the music playing from somewhere else in the house, and check out her reflection in the mirror above the dresser, I hug the black quilt closer to my chest, wondering what the hell is going on. Looking down, I blink a few times and rub my eyes when I realize it's morning and my husband is nowhere near me.

Dammit it!

Quickly scrambling around in bed, I grab my phone from the nightstand.

"What the heck?" I screech, the noise making Hope whirl around from the dresser across from the foot of the bed.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Hope says with a bright smile. "I'm sorry to say there's no room service. But I learned how to make toast and it was so cute! I also had real tea for the first time since five years, and God as my witness, I wept. Right there at the table in the kitchen, eating toast off of a plate I-"