the phone call |nba youngboy. (3/4)

*authors note: this is the 3rd part of the "have you ever" imagine, if you haven't read the firs two parts, some things in this story won't make sense.*
***
I stepped outside and hadn't realized how dark it was. It was pitch-black and the only thing that lit the sky up were the lights from the festival. Once again, another rapper was on the stage and this time it was someone named 'Lil Uzi'. I wasn't familiar with his music but from what I heard all the way from the trailer, the reaction of the crowd was crazy.

"Where are we going now?" Diamond said,behind me.

"I think it's time to go home." I said.

"Why can't we enjoy the rest of the show, we have our wrist bands." She held up her wrist

"That's only for backstage, and that's only when Tione is with us. If he's not with us, we're probably going get thrown out," I explained.

"What?" Diamond questioned.

Forgetting she's high, I almost went into further detail, but I held my tongue and grabbed her hand to start walking.

We made our way through numerous crowds backstage and walked pass many rappers. Luckily, Diamond didn't care enough to get a picture with them, as much as she cared about how the room was spinning. 

Even though we were almost near the exit the lyrics to 'Lil Uzi's" song grew louder.
'I don't really care cause I'm done
On the real, our love is not fun,
There no emotion in my face cause I'm numb'

I laughed at the lyrics, taking into account that they resembled my unspoken feelings at the moment. I didn't want to think about Tione. I wanted to leave it in the past even though it was a freshly new wound that would take a while to heal.

We finally made it out of the festival and drove back home. The traffic was ridiculous which was puzzling considering the concerts weren't even done yet. When we finally got to the house, Diamond fell asleep on the couch, claiming she wasn't hungry anymore. I, on the other hand was starving.

I opened the fridge to see what we had to eat and concluded that I would just eat leftovers from the pervious night. I began look for a utensil when my phone rang, capturing my attention. Before bothering to look at the number, I hit the green button. I immediately regretted it, remembering all the scam calls I had been receiving lately.

"Hello?" I said, putting the phone to my ear. I had uncovered the food and had second thoughts about if it was what I really wanted for dinner.

"What's good, Shawty," the familiar, southern voice spoke.

I froze knowing who exactly who it was. However, I doubted it because I didn't think he was really going to call me.
"Who is this?" I questioned.
"You know who this is." The voice said.
"No. No, I don't," I lied.

"Come on baby girl, this not the type of voice you hear often. Especially not around here, in these parts," he chuckled. "But this Kentrell, since you want me to spell it out for you."

"Don't flatter yourself. I hear voices like this all the time," I lied, rolling my eyes

"You still playing games, I see," he laughed. "I'm fine with playing games, as long as I get the prize at the end."

"Oh yeah?" I questioned putting down my utensil, "and what exactly is the prize you're expecting, Kentrell?"

"You," he said. I could hear his wide cheesy grin all the way through the phone.

"Hmm, me or my pussy?" I huffed.

He broke out in laughter, "That's a part of you right?"

"Goodbye, Kentrell," I said getting ready to end the short-lived conversation.