don't hurt yourself| nba youngboy x lil tjay (4/4)

*authors note: this is the final part of the "have you ever" imagine. if you haven't read the previous 3 parts, this final part may confusing to you.*
-
"you can watch my fat ass twist boy,
as I bounce to the next dick boy
and keep your money, I got my own
got a bigger smile on my face."
-
Little did I know, meeting Kentrell would be the best thing that happened to me. That one night of being with him allowed me to see another side of Kentrell that I truly wasn't expecting. He was so thoughtful and polite and his company was so pleasurable. I was taken aback at how calm, and childlike he was, yet not nonchalant or childish. The media gave him such a bad rep and wrote horrible articles about him. But when you look past the hard exterior he presented, he was just a child who went through so much pain at a young age and longed to be loved. Not only that, but he was intelligent beyond his years. He not only had street sense, but book and business sense as well that many people older than him often lacked.

However, one night wasn't enough. It took us months before I was able to get into a relationship with him or anyone for that matter after Tione. I wanted to make sure I was 100% over the past and comfortable with myself and being alone, before giving my 100% into a relationship. The best part was Kentrell never rushed me. He wanted to develop a friendship and establish a bond before jumping right into a relationship, which was uncommon for young men in this day and age. We were together a lot, mainly because he would fly me out to whichever city he performed in. If not, he would always find a way to see me whenever he would stop by Miami. If all else failed, we were on the phone until the rooster crowed in the morning to when the sun came down at night.

Since we were together almost too often, many pictures of us surfaced on the media. The media thought we were together way before we actually were. I had so many little girls coming for me in theshaderoom comments and the comment section of my own. They bashed my name and knew nothing of me. It was normal to get unwanted attention when dating a rapper, but this was another level I wasn't expecting. Of course, Kentrell was by my side, telling me not to worry, but he eventually posted a video where he had to put his 'fans' in check. It had gotten so bad that I deactivated all my social media accounts for a while.

However, not having social media had its effects on me. Since I didn't watch a depressing thing called 'the news', it was like I was living underneath a rock. I had no idea what was going on culturally, politically, or even musically and it was driving me insane. I thought this 'cleanse' would make me feel at peace, but the only thing I felt was bored. So, today was the day I was planning to get back on social media. It was as if I was planning to go back outside after being quarantined.

The first account I logged into was Instagram.
"What you doing?" Kentrell said, he stood over me.
"I'm going to try to activate my social media accounts again," I said.
"Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked, grabbing a lighter from his pocket.
"Yeah, I think it's time," I looked at him. "I can't let the people on the internet control my life forever."
"I feel you. If any of them bitches fucking with you, let me know. I'll-"
"I know, babe." I cut him off. "I don't want you getting involved. I can hold my own."
"Alright, well Ima head to the studio."

"Wait," I hold my phone up, "let's take a picture."
"You know from the first day I met you, you always wanted to take a picture with me."
"Shut up and smile, Kentrell."
He leaned down and posed for the camera showing his grill and diamonds. I snapped the picture and made it my first official post on Instagram in about 3 months.
"Alright, I'm gonna head out. Hit me if you need anything," he kissed me on my cheek.

Like clockwork, we ended up on theshaderoom's #BaeWatch a short while later. Unlike all the other times I wasn't going to go through the comments. However, a text message from Diamond told me I should do otherwise.

💎: sis tione is talking crazy in the comments 😭.'
'Wym? On theshaderoom? '
💎: yeah. 😗 and on twitter too, bitch go look.'

I went to theshaderoom's page and to my surprise, Tione was the first comment.

'@liltjay: that shit ain't goin last.' 654 likes.
@liltjay: give that shit a month before he leaves her and she comes knocking on my door.' 347 likes.

They had also made another post on Tione's little 'rant' about us on via twitter.

"Can't even be mad at bro.'
'They say if your bitch could be taken, she was never your bitch.'

My face immediately tightened. My first thought was to tell Kentrell, but I went against it. If it was one thing I learned while getting closer to him, was that he did not play about the people he cared about, and I was certain I was on that list.
Therefore, I decided that this was the perfect time to activate my twitter again. How dare this man talk down on me simply because I'm happy and he's miserable. Even though we weren't together he STILL found a way to disrespect me. Two can play that game.

I tweeted, 'Boys get so mad when you move on and upgrade with a man.'

In about 5 minutes, he tweeted again,

'@liltjay: still beat, tho.'

'You ain't fuck me, you fucked the old body.' I tweeted the Nicki lyric in response.

Surprisingly, Tione uploaded a video on his story talking about little old me. He called me all the names in the books, continuing to disrespect me. He claimed I used him for money and to meet other rappers to hook up with. Whether it was true or not I couldn't even respond before cancel culture took action. They 'canceled' him quickly and bashed his name worse than he did for mine. They finally saw how disrespectful and immature he is without me having to lift a finger.

Since there was so much attention on me, I figured why not put the icing on the cake.

'Go stream 38 Baby 2,' was the last thing I tweeted before logging out for the day.
-
go follow @immortallyexotic on instagram.

songs of the week:
go crazy x chris brown
relentless x polo g
pretty mf x ruby rose
street prayer x lil durk
top 10 x nba youngboy