eleven

lara and i were now in baton rouge. we were walking out of the movie theater and towards my truck when she followed me to the driver's side, pulled me closer to her and kissed me. i put my hands in the back pockets of her jeans to steady her while her lips connected with mine. her lips tasted like the cherry drink she had and i couldn't get enough. eventually, i pulled away and placed my right hand on her shoulder and took my left hand out of the other pocket.

"so, did you like the movie?" i asked, as she grinned at me. the amc theater showed what's eating gilbert grape? since they were showcasing 90s movies every saturday this month. it was only 6pm and i decided that it was the perfect time to bring lara to see a live show at a club that wasn't too far from here.

"it was absolutely amazing."

tiger bar was the least noisy and least ticketed bar in baton rouge. it was the only under 21 club where the atmosphere was inviting and calm, making it the perfect place for me to bring lara.

we got inside without any hassle and we stood on the floor, where we waited for the act of the night to start the show. lara had a poster of this artist frankie cosmos in her bedroom and i googled her only to find that they were playing in baton rouge this weekend. i wasn't sure if lara knew about the concert but i knew i had to bring her to see them tonight.

"oh my fucking god, i love them," exclaimed lara, as the drummer began to set up.

"i figured you would like them."

"greta kline is literally the reason i picked up a guitar. i fucking love them," replied lara.

soon, the show started and lara was entranced. she knew every lyric to every song they played. the songs were short and sweet, causing everyone around us to go into a near hypnotic state. lara nodded her head subtly to the beat of each song while i stood next to her and occasionally had my hand around her waist when she wasn't moving too much.

we were at the show for about two hours. as we walked out of the venue, the sky was finally beginning to turn dark, as if the someone had painted a picture of a sunset with yellow, blue and purple but spilled black paint over the portrait.

we were now at my truck and i unlocked it so we could get in.

"what's next on the itinerary?" questioned lara, as we both buckled up and i prepared to drive off.

"well, my parents are out of town and they said it was okay for me to stay here and bring a guest. so i just have to pretend you're spencer but we can do whatever we want," i answered, shifting from reverse to drive and pulling out of the parking lot.

we made it to my place and i punched in the code for my house and opened the door. the living room looked pristine and untouched, which made sense due to the fact my parents had been in philadelphia since thursday and planned on returning sometime wednesday.

"your house is really nice. oh my god," said lara, as she discovered family portraits and pictures of me when i was growing up. she pointed to my senior portrait when i was in high school, where i had a small smile on my face and was wearing a tuxedo shirt and jacket.

"you look so different with short hair," remarked lara, alluding to the fact that my hair was now quite long with tapered sides and back instead of the caesar-like haircut i had in most of my high school pictures.

"i stopped getting haircuts as often whenever i went off to college. my mom couldn't drag me there, you know?" lara nodded understandingly.

we settled on the sofa in the living room and i instinctively reached for the remote to the television, turning it on and beginning to flip through channels, until i thought of an idea.