Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Coaching the coach

Riley's Pov:

I ran off the field, hot and exhausted. "What?!" I asked. "Out!" Coach Roberts demanded. "That was totally uncalled for! I didn't do shit!" She held up another yellow card.

I sighed hard as I sat down on the bench, a cold bottle resting in my tired hands. "What the hell was that?!" Coach Roberts yelled at me. "Are you trying to break our score, Williams?!" The lady was red in the face, her eyes wide and her hands making crazy hand gestures. "Look-" She cut me off with a loud scoff. "I don't need your excuses!" I rolled my eyes, wiping sweat from my forehead.

"I didn't do anything." I muttered, growing angry, knowing two yellows meant a red that'd go on my record.

"You nearly broke her leg! Do you want to be suspended for the rest of the season?!" She was more than pissed off at me. "Not my fault she was in the way of my shot. I got us ahead." I tried to argue in my defense. "I don't want to hear it!" She yelled, shaking her head at me.

I pouted, watching the girls continue to play. It didn't take long before we were starting to lose.

8-7

"Coach!" I shouted over the whistle. "If you let me in I can get us to nine." I said eagerly, watching Violet, who was supposed to be taking my position, fumble the ball, letting the other time carry it.

"Red card. Expulsion." She said harshly towards me. I slammed my fist into the bench. "Can you make one exception?! This is ridiculous! They're tired but I'm not!" She ignored me, getting me to grow even more frustrated.

What the hell is up with the girls today?! We're playing against Land View and they aren't even that good! I could win us the game if It was me against all of them!

I nearly screamed when Halley scored us a goal, getting us 8-8. There was probably around five more minutes left in the game which was driving me insane. I hated when Coach put me out.

I took a sip of my water, trying to calm my nerves. Every game was extremely important to me and seeing us tied was causing to hyperventilate.

It ended up being a back and forth type thing, one of our players would nearly be to the goal but then one of their players would somehow take it and travel back down, the cycle on and on.

Charlotte tricked one of them, causing them to run in the opposite direction. She dribbled the ball half field, passing it to Ella who kicked it hard, the ball flying over to Violet. A huge smile appeared on my face as she was rushing towards our goal, victory in her eyes as she got ready to win this thing for us.

I nearly choked on my water when one of the opposite team's players tripped her, Violet falling over into the grass. The girl laughed, running back down the field. "Coach! That's a red card! Why didn't they call that?!" I was freaking out at this point. She wasn't even caring, only biting her nails as she watched the game continue.

Well, if she can break rules why can't I? I'll be damned if I lose to Land View.

I ran as fast as I could back onto the field, immediately taking the ball from whoever that bitch was and dribbling it back down the field. I ignored Coach Roberts yelling at me and blowing her whistle, my teammates cheering me on. I passed the ball to Serenity, dodging one of their mid fielders before it was passed back. I nearly skidded into the dirt by how fast I was moving, the ball nearly tripping me a few times.

"Williams, what are you doing?!" Coach Roberts screamed at me. "Winning!" I yelled back, kicking the ball and well...it didn't go exactly as planned. I hit the goalie in the face, the ball knocking her over but still flying through the net.