2 | Unnatural Death

8 Months Later*

8 Months Later*

Julie

It's been 8 months since school started. 8 months since Mia and I met Brian and Samuel. 8 months of happiness. I woke up this morning with a bright smile on my face and an excitement to go to school. Graduation is in 3 weeks and I cannot wait! I hurry up and got ready for school. Walking past Xander's room I notice that he's still laying on his bed fast asleep. I find it really funny that he was basically up before me in the beginning of the year while now he looks like he doesn't even want to go to school. Being the wonderful sister that I am. I wake him up! Tiptoeing towards him I try to stay as quiet as possible. Then right when I got to the foot of his bed I jumped up and screamed.

"Xandy! Xandy, wake up! You don't want to be late for school!" I screeched giggling uncontrollably. Before he could grab a hold of me I darted out of the room and into the kitchen. Matilda greeted me with a wave and a bright smile etched on her face. She handed me a plate of vegetable scrambled eggs with avocados and toast on the side. I kid you not, when I saw how delicious it looked I seriously died and went to heaven.

Xander entered the kitchen with an adorable scowl on his face indicating his irritation for being woken up

Xander entered the kitchen with an adorable scowl on his face indicating his irritation for being woken up. He sat besides me and ate his breakfast without sparing me a glance. As a "truce" gift I decided to give him my chocolate milk, which I knew he wouldn't be able to resist. He slightly looked up then jutted his head away. This went on for about 3 more times until he caved in and took the milk. He said thanks and went back to being his normal, talkative self. After breakfast I dropped Xander off then headed to school. Walking inside the double doors I hear the normal buzzing of the school. Every Senior was excited about graduation and everyone else was excited about the graduation party being thrown tonight by none other than Caleb, the QB. I walked on to my locker and got out my textbooks. As I was about to close my locker I felt a presence behind me and next thing I knew I was spun around faced with non other than the devil's spawn himself.

Brian.

Thinking back to the first day of school I didn't know why I was intimidated by his presence, he's really a big 'ole softy inside. Now, I couldn't believe how I gained 2 new best friends, Brian and Samuel, in a span of 8 months. I was brought back to reality when Brian kissed my cheek and asked how my morning was. Before I can answer, I heard giggling to my right and saw Samuel and Mia in their own little world smiling lovingly at each other. They've been dating since prom and I honestly don't know if I hate or love their cutsie relationship (Sam keeps stealing my girl time with Mia!). We went to our first class and waited for the day to fly by. During lunch we discussed that Mia and I would get ready for the party in my house and that we would pick up the guys. After a few minutes of persuasion they finally agreed, but not without complaining about how it belittles their masculinity.