3 | Unnaturally Strange Things

Julie

Julie

Waking up this morning was different. I felt different. I felt at ease and peaceful. And I swear I heard birds chirping outside my window and I never hear that. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 6:30 AM. Hmm I woke up pretty early today.

*Bang. Bang. Bang*

Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true I thought. I got up from my comfy bed to see who was banging on my door at this ungodly hour. Thank goodness my parents are in California for a business meeting. They would've gotten mad if they saw a friend of mine in their precious house this early in the day. As I opened my door I saw a scruff of semi curly brunette hair in front of my face. The guy was looking down and tapping his foot impatiently. As he looked up I felt my heart drop and butterflies fluttering around my stomach.

It's Brian. Brian freaking Carter is outside my bedroom door looking like he was sculpted by god himself- wait what the hell am I thinking, he's my best friend.

His presence confused me big time because 1. why is he up this early and 2. WHY IS HE UP THIS EARLY!? In the past 8 months I have been friends with Brian I learned that one of the things he does not like doing was waking up early, it didn't matter if it was a weekday or a weekend! He just never liked waking up early. I looked at him with a questioning frown and asked why he was in my house at 6 in the morning. He intently looked at me and said:

"Honestly, I'm not sure why I am here too. I woke up this morning with a throbbing headache and thought it was because of the party last night. I then walked to my kitchen and tried talking to my mom. Keyword, tried." He proclaimed stressfully, "She wouldn't answer me and neither did my brothers, who were, by the way, looking very sad. I even called Samuel but he wouldn't pick up! When I gave up and decided to continue sleeping instead, I saw a note on my desk saying to come to this address and now here you are." He finished.

I didn't know what to tell him so I just moved to the side and let him in my room. I left and headed to my brother's room to go tell him that he needed to get ready for school. Yay... please note my sarcasm. At least it's Friday! I walked in, stood at the foot of his bed and was about to jump on top of him when he got up. Oh, how convenient, this is the first time he's gotten up this early since the first day of school. He looked up and stared straight at me for a minute and as I opened my mouth to greet him he left without a word. I followed him to the kitchen and greeted Matilda, who oddly looked pretty gloomy. The strangest thing occurred after that. She didn't greet me back, or smile up at me even! I touched her shoulder when the second strange thing happened. My hand disappeared inside her shoulders! It went *poof*!  When she moved away my hand reappeared. What the hell just happened.

"Hey guys, Good Morning!!"I screeched then looked at Matilda and Xander back and forth. Not a budge. I hurried up to my room then slammed the door shut. Brian sniffed my bedsheets then looked up at me with wide eyes when he heard the door opening and closing.