02. Six feet under

11

11.September
00:01

I was dancing with the guys waiting for Noah to arrive. I missed him. I haven't seen him that much all week. He was always busy with the move, since he and George decided to rent another house and move in together.

I preferred him having his own apartment, to be honest. It's not gonna be the same staying over at his any more. I'm friends with George, but it's not that comfortable seeing him after I have sex with Noah and hopefully he won't have heard anything. It's another level of embarrassment.

" Where's your lover-boy? You're keeping him so busy that I haven't seen him all day. " George asks me.

I thought he was helping with the move? He said they were putting together the furniture. I even asked to come help and he said it wasn't necessary, there wasn't much left. Why would he lie to me about that? Why would he lie to George about that as well? George thought he was with me and I thought he was with him. What's going on?

" Um well he had some stuff to do. I haven't seen him much either. But um he's coming, he texted me ."

And because he texted me, that means it's true? Right now, I can't say I believe it.

I didnt even sound convincing. Some stuff? Yeah, great explanation. I can see George knows I haven't heard of him, except for a message earlier that he's coming late to the party. That's all.

He doesn't push it, though. Luckily. I don't wanna seem clueless in front of everyone of where my boyfriend actually is. He'll explain. Of course there's some logical explanation. Stop jumping into crazy conclusions.

Noah isn't like that and I know it. Of course I know it, I- I know him.

We dance for a few minutes, me just waiting for him to appear before we hear a voice behind us.

" Hey."
We all turn around to meet his dark brown eyes. He hasn't shaved at all these days. It suits him, I have to say. It gives him a lot more charm than before.

"Hey" I say softly ans move first to greet him. " I missed you. " I say and step closer to give him a kiss. I put my hands around his neck and he gives me a peck and barely touches me. He offers me a smile, though. The same one I've been used to all these days. The same one I, now, realize it's not that real.

I step back to let him greet the rest of our friends.

" I haven't seen you in so long. How are you?" Kayla happily exclaims and gives her drink to Steve rushing to go and hug him.

He is equally happy to see her. He smiles genuinely. A genuine at Alyssa but not for me. I try to hide my disappointment and the sadness I feel by smiling as well, while they hug each other. I hope it doesn't look as bad as it feels.

" I'm okay. How are you, fresh from your trip I see. But, you came five days ago from your trip and you didn't even come to say hello. " Noah tells her once they look at each other. They haven't seen each other for more than 1,5 month. Alyssa was on a roadtrip with her friends from her hometown in Europe, almost all summer and she just came back to L.A. a few days ago.