03. Blinding lights

11

11. September
02:47

I couldn't leave her alone after what happened, but she insisted I left. She wanted to be left alone to think, to cope with everything. She was so broken that I didn't have it in me to object. And it wasn't only because she lost him. That pretty much was evident.

It's like she feels worthless, ugly and uninteresting. I know she feels this way and it's disturbing to think what one boy can take away from you when you break up. It's time she finally understands that her self appreciation doesn't come from a boy, but that it's all up to her. And it took me years to come to terms with that my own.

I'm walking past her house towards George's. It's too late to go home right now and I prefer staying at his, to be honest. I shouldn't be walking alone, but it's only 10 minutes from here and at some time I have to do things on my own, not always depending on others taking me home.

"Hey. Is everything okay?" He says once he picks up. He appears to be in hurry. He couldn't find his phone, I'm sure. He leaves it anywhere.

"Yeah umm she just wanted to be alone. Can I sleep at yours tonight?" I ask him walking faster by the minute, since I'm a bit afraid.

" Of course you can. Wait, I'll put on something and come pick you up, okay?" He says softly and I have the urge to pinch his cheeks. He's being so cute.

" Don't worry. I'm almost there. " I say with a smile on my face.

"Are you walking here, alone? Alyssa are you serious right now? It's 3 fucking am." He almost shouts at the phone, getting pissed.

" It's not even that far. I'm okay. Calm down. " I say and I hear him sighing full of frustration.

"See you in a bit." I say quickly before I hung up. I shouldn't have called him. I should just appear at his place. It wouldn't be the first time, anyway, but I was scared and I wanted someome to talk to on the phone until I arrive. It's true.

Somewhere close to his house I see someone approaching me and I almost scream, until I see George's face under the street lights. He's mad. It's clear in his expression, the way he walks, everything. But I can't hold back the smile that comes to my lips, because he cares and worries so deeply about me that he came to walk with me.

He doesn't say one word. He just walks besides me to his house. I appreciate the fact that he'll do all the lecturing in his house and not in front of the whole neighbourhood.