Second Trial

Phoenix's POV:

November 6, 11:51 AM
District Court 
Defense Lobby No. 3

"That was a close one. I think if you didn't bring up the symbols, I would've been declared guilty." Luiska said with a sigh of relief. 

"It's not over yet, though. I'll go back to see if I can find something to prove your innocence." I state. 

"Oui! Thank you so much for your help Mr. Wright." Luiska says with what sounds like fake happiness. Maybe I'm imagining things...

"No problem. See you tomorrow!"

After that farewell, I decided to talk to Larry some more. I need to find him first though... after lunch.
I'll take my bike this time. 

November 6, 2:06 PM
Headquarters of Shipping Inc.

Arriving at the crime scene once more, I started looking around for some more clues. Larry should probably still be working here, so I hope I bump into him as well.

Walking around, I see that just like Gumshoe said, there wasn't much security except for the guards.

"Nick!" I turn around just in time to receive a hug from Larry.

"Larry! I see you're still at work here." I detach from the hug and take notice of his uniform.

"Yeah, since there's no boss right now, I can't get fired." He grins at me. I really don't think that's something he should be smiling about...

"Okay Larry. I need to ask you some more questions about the murder two days ago." I state.

"Why? I'm pretty sure I've told you everything I know already."

"I just need to know if you saw anyone else enter the office."

"Nope. Other than the shiny guy and the cute girl, no one else entered the office."

"Are you positive?"

"Absolutely!"

"And you never saw the girl again after that."

"Yep. It was weird, man, like she just disappeared into thin air. Then I saw Mr. Godlard stabbed and so I was focused on calling the police."

"Well okay then." Seems like this is a dead end. And there aren't any notes falling from the sky to help either. "I gotta go Larry, see if I can find another lead. See ya!" I say, turning around to leave.

"Okay, bye Nick!" Larry calls after me.

As I head back to my office, I ponder about how to prove my client is innocent.

I have to find a way to prove that the assassin was there. If they were, then that means that Luiska can't be the main suspect. But how do I prove that? There aren't any security tapes or cameras in his office, and you can't trace footsteps...

Maybe I just need to turn my thinking around... maybe I should try to find out who the assassin is...

There were only three people in the victim's office during the murder, only two of them were from France, and only one left without a trace.

...I think I've found a clue...

November 6, 5:48 PM
Wright and Co. Law Offices

"Hey Nick!" Maya's voice caused me to jolt up from where I was dozing off on my desk.

"M-Maya?" I ask, somewhat startled by the sudden noise.