26. Uniform

Remus stood by the door watching the students leave with his hands stuffed casually in his pockets. Diondre as always was the last to go, somehow it took her a lot of time to pack away all her things. Remus watched her. Her skirt was pulled higher today, she had done it to catch his attention. It certainly worked. He raked his eyes over her bare legs when there were no other students to watch him do it. Slinging her bag over her shoulder Diondre sent her teacher a flirty smile as she neared the door.

He reached out to pull her back by her incorrectly done tie, it had been annoying him the whole class.

Diondre, being surprised did nothing to stop him.

"These are supposed to be done up this way." He said in a quiet voice, unraveling her tie. She was so close her breath hit his face in short puffs. His fingers twisted the fabric over deftly. "Much better."

"Thank you, Professor." Her breath still came out shallow. Giving the tie one last tug Remus brought his lips to hers, a short sweet kiss.

"Detention Miss Gargoyle, 7 o clock. Next time have your uniform on properly. And yes that means your skirt too." He pinched her bum.

Remus stuffed his hands back in his pockets and walked back to his desk humming, a lazy smile on his face. Leaving Diondre grinning in the doorway, a blush all down her neck.

__________

Despite the risk, Remus wanted to see his friend again. He had spent half his life alone in misery, Diondre being the only small breath of air he found while drowning in solitude. But he needed more than her, needed to reminisce on a time were things were easier, and life seemed worth it. To discuss music that would be too old for her and people she never knew.

"Moony! You came to see me!" Sirius said after transforming back from a shaggy black dog. They was a joy in his voice, it had been a long time since it was present.
He stumbled over the pile of sheets on the floor that he had been using as a dog bed, feeling clumsy in a new form. He kicked them into the corner impatiently, leaving a flurry of dust in the air. Remus scrunched his face up at the dust flying up his nose, letting out a sneeze.

"That I did, you mustn't worry though, I've made sure to not be seen." He summoned the two seats with a flick of his wrist.

"Oh I am not worried, I trust you completely." Sirius assured him.

It was a wonder the man had managed to keep his health while living in such squalor, the shack was in the worst state it had ever been. The roof was covered in damp where the rain water dripped through, plaguing the floor boards underneath with rot. The stench of old meat and wet dog sat heavy in the air. Remus got the impression no amount of frebreze would cover it.

"Ah but once you did believe me to be the spy." As forgiving a man as Remus was the lack of faith those many years ago still stung.

"And once you believed me to be the murderer of our friends." He replied bitingly.

Remus collapsed into his seat deflated. "I just can't believe Peter could... Even if he was a little wormy rat. I almost can't believe he had the balls. He doted on James, and little Harry..."

"I will kill him Remus, I will rip his fingers off first, one by one. I will do as I was accused, I've already served the time for it." Sirius tugged at his hair, he voice grew more shrill with every word, lips curling into a sneer. His eyes held the madness of 12 years of utter misery, keeping it all at bay. Ready, waiting.

"Sit Sirius, the time will come." Remus tried to calm his friend.

Sirius eyed the sofa seat with distaste for a few moments, as though it was Peter in disguise. He let out a long breath and joined Remus in sitting.

"I see you have been naughty Moony." He said, in humour. His revenge for the moment forgotten, there was a more pressing matter to attend.

"I don't know what you mean Padfoot." Remus said, looking up to the ceiling to hide the lie. He wanted to talk about anything but the girl. She had taken over his life far too much, could he have no reprieve?

"Moony, moony, moony. You sly dog. A student no less." Sirius grinned. There was a time when he might have been jealous, when they were young men and smitten with one another. But that time had passed and Sirius was just elated that his friend deemed himself worthy of another's attention.

"Honestly Pad's, I would never." Remus rocked his head back and forth, eyes trained on the leaking roof, still refusing the truth.

"Oh? How about a kiss then? For old times sake? If you haven't been laid for over 12 years your body must be begging for it." Sirius rose from his chair and crawled dog like over to his past lover.

"Who says I haven't been laid?" He replied angrily.

Sirius tried to press a kiss to the man's mouth, Remus jolted backwards, as far as the seat would let him. His brain had a hard time accepting that someone who wasn't the dark eyes Hufflepuff was daring to be this close to him. He eyes were wide and alarmed.

"See, there's only one reason you wouldn't kiss me anymore." Sirius said smugly. Feeling as though he had proven his point well.

"It might just be your rotting teeth mate."

_______

"Sir," Diondre starts, knocking softly on the stone wall, "here for detention." She grins at her teacher, locking the door to his chambers behind her.

She likes being here, everything is very him. She has been here before when Lockhart was their teacher, to help him with his fanmail, and the entire place stunk of narcissism and insecurity. It made her feel queasy. She couldn't turn her head without seeing him smiling at her from a frame. Now it smelt of warm candle wax and well read books.

It wasn't neat, there were used cups that hadn't been rinsed through and students homework everywhere. Clothes slung over chairs and books that had been left face down and open on every surface.

"Have you now?" He asked her cheekily, looking her over. She had disregarded her tie, and her skirt hadn't grown longer at all. "It doesn't seem as though you've learnt your lesson." His fingers found the hem of her skirt, giving it a little tug.

"No? You might have to teach me again."

He pushes her onto his bed, admiring her youth in silence. Not just in her skin but that glint in her eyes, promising him a good a time. He flops onto the bed himself, and leans over her. She looks up at him, happy and bright, and excited for him. Gidiness washes over him as he leans down to kiss her. She pulls him on top of her, trapping his scarred lips in her full ones.