norenmin - home

jeno and jaemin went to see family but got stuck out later then they planned. there is a storm raging outside, renjun can't sleep, and all he wants if for both his boys to get home.

renjun - regressed, age fluctuates 1-3
jaemin - worried caregiver, first to get home
jeno - guilty caregiver, reassured quickly

--------------------

It was way too late at night for Renjun to be awake, much less regressed, on the living room floor, watching a movie. It had been a long, stressful month for him. This had been the first time he'd regressed in a long time, and he'd done it by accident. Neither Jeno nor Jaemin were home to help him. It was scary for Renjun to be alone and he was attempting to distract himself from being alone. He wanted to go get his little stuff. His stuffed animal, pacifier, and a bottle would help, but he didn't want to let himself be that small without his boyfriends. It sometimes scared him to be too little without them, but he couldn't sleep that night without regressing. Too much was running through his head. 

Jeno and Jaemin were both out late visiting family. They were supposed to be home by 10 at the latest, but there had been an accident on the highway causing traffic. It was getting to 11 pm and they still weren't home. They'd made sure to be good boyfriends and let Renjun know they would be late, but that didn't make him miss them any less. To make it worse, it was storming outside and Renjun only liked storms when he was with his boyfriends, loud thunder scared him. He liked rain, it was fun and if the weather was bad he usually got to stay inside snuggled up with the other boys, so without them there it wasn’t any fun.

About 11:30 he heard the front door open. He didn't know if one or both boys were home, but he didn't care. Then he suddenly worried he'd get in trouble. The boys had given Renjun a bed time of 10:30, due to his struggles with insomnia, meaning he had to be at least in bed, but not asleep. He wasn't even in bed, but instead in the living room. Being regressed, his first reaction, of course, was to cry. So when Jaemin came into the living room to see him crying on the floor, he was a bit surprised. First off because the other was supposed to be in bed, but also because he only cried like that when little. Renjun hadn't regressed in almost a month and so it frightened Jaemin at first, but he quickly got past that and made his way over to the boy. 

Renjun avoided Jaemin's eyes until his felt a soft warm touch under his chin, and lifted his head to meet the taller's concerned eyes. He quickly started crying more and crawled into the other boy's lap. Jaemin's heart ached seeing the boy so scared, he knew different ways Renjun cried for different reasons, and this cry was all fear. Both other boys knew about little Renjun's fear of thunder, and that he was never up past bedtime unless there was a reason. "Papa. Please- don't wanna get in trouble! Tried to sleep. Scary storms, no papa. no daddy. all alone" He was rambling, actually afraid Jaemin would get mad he was still up. Instead the other boy shushed him softly and combed through his hair. 

"You're not in trouble baby, you should've called me or daddy to tell us you were little and scared." Renjun didn't respond, just sniffled and clung to Jaemin, who hummed and patted his leg. "Get up a second so I can stand, I'll pick you back up I promise." The smaller whined but did what he was told and slid off Jaemin's lap, sticking his arms up to be picked up after he was standing. Once the little was comfortable back in his papa's arms, he was carried to the bedroom where he was given a pacifier and a stuffed animal. Jaemin also grabbed a bottle, which caused Renjun to whine. Usually when he used bottles it was when he was going to sleep, any other time he used sippy cups if he was little. 

Renjun, of course, did not plan to sleep until Jeno was home and so he knocked the bottle out of Jaemin's hand onto the floor. "No! Daddy not home! Junnie no sleep!" The taller sighed and gently grabbed Renjun's face. He wished Jeno was there so badly. He couldn't even scold Renjun that much because he understood how frustrated the little was, mostly because he was scared and had been alone. Since he was in the mindset of a child after all, fits were how he expressed it. 

"Baby I know you're not feeling great right now, but you can't hit things and shout at me. Daddy will be home as soon as he can. The bottle is for later, I was just getting it." Renjun knew he was being scolded. He didn't feel like saying much so he apologized by kissing the other boy's cheek. This made Jaemin smile and pick the bottle up again, going back to the living room and sitting down. "Junnie, baby, have you been avoiding being little because of anxiety again." He felt the smaller boy nod his head and frown softly, pressing a kiss to his temple. “You know better than that. Me and daddy always want to help you.”

Renjun had calmed down a lot after persistent comfort from the other when Jeno finally arrived home around 12:15. His parents house was a lot farther away, so he had good reason but still felt bad about it. The smallest boy heard the door open and sat up in Jaemin's lap, making grabby hands for Jeno as he came into the living room. "Daddy!" Renjun was clearly feeling quite young or he would've gone running for him the second the door opened. Instead he was pulled up from Jaemin's lap by Jeno, legs and arms wrapping around the taller boy’s body. 

"I'm sorry I got home so late angel, I wanted to be home to make sure we put you to bed, and kept you safe." Renjun, who was in a much better mood with his two boyfriends home, seemed too interested in Jeno's hoodie strings, which were now in his mouth, than his boyfriends apology. There wasn't a need for Jeno to say sorry. In the meantime Jaemin had stood up next to the two. 

"Baby don't chew on clothes, that's daddy's new hoodie." The string was removed from his mouth and replaced with a pacifier. Jaemin then gave Jeno a kiss, followed by Renjun, on the forehead, who then whined for a second from Jeno, who kissed his nose.  Neither of the caregivers cared that it was past Renjun's bedtime since comforting their boyfriend was the number one priority at that moment.  "I'll be back," he ruffled the little's hair softly "do you want milk or juice?"

Renjun just seemed confused as he'd been focused on playing with Jeno's hair. Not that he was big enough to talk much anyway. "Just get him milk, in a bottle, I'll start a movie." When Renjun was littile, the only way he’d really sleep is if he was given a bottle and slowly put to sleep. Due to the boy’s insomnia, some nights, even after bottles and comfort, he’d still be up all night. Nobody necessarily planned on going to sleep right away, but Renjun was obviously tired. Luckily he was already in Jaemin’s hoodie so he was comfortable and wouldn't need to change. 

Jeno sat on the couch with Renjun in his arms and turned on the TV. "moomin?...please daddy" The little softly mumbled, getting comfortable and obviously tired. Jeno nodded, kissing the top of the boy's head and turning it on. It was nice to see Renjun regressed after so long. They'd known he'd been struggling and stressed, but never forced him to regress because it made everyone uncomfortable, since it never worked. 

Jaemin came in after a little bit, a bottle of warm milk in hand, and sat beside Jeno. He handed the tallest boy the bottle, giving both boys kisses on the cheek, then played with Renjun's hair while he was fed. It made the little boy giggle at first, but he quickly began to fall asleep. Jeno took away the bottle, that was only half gone, and gave the pacifier back gently. "Papa, Daddy, love you." The two boys barely heard their little boy cus he was so tired and speaking through a pacifier but they understood. 

"We love you to baby"

"Sleep tight angel"

All three fell asleep, snuggled against each other, feeling safe again. They were glad that no matter how stressful the night was, they were finally home.