chuuves - gift

(A/N) I don't usually write with stage names since most of my stories are non idol AUs

jiwoo wakes up in a playful mood, sooyoung is very busy with work. being a new caregiver she has no clue the messes that can happen when a little is left alone for a long time. however she discovers some disasters are worth it. 

chuu - regressed around 4, very energetic
yves - new to the mommy thing, very caring 

--------------------

It was nine in the morning when Jiwoo woke up to find that her girlfriend was no longer in bed with her, making her frown softly and release a small sigh. She knew Sooyoung was very busy with work, but it still made her pouty that the older wasn't there. After fully awaking and becoming more aware of everything, she also realized she was feeling little, so she ran off to find the other. 

Sooyoung had made the younger promise to tell her whenever she regressed, after finding out a week earlier when her girlfriend injured herself by running around the house. She'd fallen, scared herself into slipping, and that's how her secret got out. The older had quickly accepted it, promising to be the best caregiver she could, and she was. 

Once Jiwoo had located the older in her office, she bounced in, filled with excitement, and sat on the floor beside Sooyoung's chair. "whatcha doing momma? I wanna play games!" she said immediately, seeming a bit disappointed that her caregiver seemed to not focus on her. 

The older was a bit startled by her entrance, but continued to work till she heard Jiwoo speak, pausing to turn and look down at her. "I really need to work for a little bit, sunflower, can you play on your own for a while?" she said, a guilty look on her face. She didn't like that she couldn't spend time with the younger, and didn't want the other to be mad. 

The little's face dropped only for a moment before smiling up at the older again. "Sure momma, we got all day! will you do my hair though!" Her voice sounded energetic and Sooyoung couldn't say no so she nodded, patted the little on the head and went to grab a brush and two hair ties. 

Jiwoo let an excited little squeak out when the older re-entered and sat down, sitting still so Sooyoung could start her hair. The older smiled, quickly and gently brushing her hair up into two little pigtails, just the way her baby liked them. Once finished she kissed the top of her head and smiled. "Go play baby, but be careful and tell me if you need something. I love you"

"Thank you! I love you too!" And by then, Jiwoo had run out the door into the living room to collect her art supplies, leaving the older to do her work. The younger wasn't the type of little that required a lot of attention, she was quite independent, so she wasn't moody about being alone for a while. Not to say she didn't love attention anyway, as she very much adored it, but she was understanding. 

Quickly after leaving, Jiwoo had poured herself a glass of apple juice, which should've gone in a sippy cup, however that would've been more work. She took it, and with surprising success did not spill any, situating herself on the dining room floor. "Time to colour momma a picture!" she mumbled to herself, pulling her markers and crayons from the corner of the table to beside her on the floor. She was only supposed to do art in the dining room, and she was very obedient so she happily agreed. It didn't matter to her as long as she could draw, and the hardwood made it easier anyway. 

Pretty soon she'd successfully made a childish, scribbled drawing of the two of them holding hands in a park. The drawing was mediocre, with lots of scribbled lines, hands with only three fingers, and trees that were just scribbled green bubbles, but she thought it was perfect. She also knew Sooyoung would love it, since the older would praise nearly everything she made, no matter how it looked. 

She pushed the drawing to the side and coloured a little longer before getting tired of it and going to put away her things. However, in the process of crawling around to put away all her crayons, her foot made contact with the glass, sending it to the ground. Juice spilled out onto the floor and the glass cracked, leaving a large piece of broken glass, which luckily the little was old enough to know not to play with. 

Jiwoo got frightened as she looked at the mess, not knowing where to find a towel of anything to clean it up. Honesty was her best bet, so she ran off to get Sooyoung, forgetting her precious picture she'd made for her caregiver. By the time she reached the room she was nervous, hoping she wouldn't be yelled at, as she was very proud of her status as 'a sweet angel'. She walked up to the older, who was working silently and looked down once they made eye contact "Momma, I made a mess 'n couldn't clean it by myself. 'm sorry please don' be mad at Jiji."

The other let out a soft sigh, a bit upset to hear there was a mess but quickly reassured the other with a smile. "No baby, momma isn't mad at you, you told the truth now let's go clean it up." Sooyoung was a very understanding person, so of course she wasn't going to be mad at her little girl for an accident. She took Jiwoo by the hand and walked to the kitchen to see the mess, towel in hand. 

The moment they arrived, she let go and kneeled down to help clean the mess. "It was an accident baby, just help me clean up okay." This seemed to satisfy the little's guilt and she helped the older clean up. Everything seemed fine until they finished and Jiwoo remembered the drawing. 

As she looked over it she began to tear up. The drawing had been soaked by the puddle of juice she'd spilled on the floor, and it tore as she picked it up. All the work she'd put into the gift for her momma was destroyed. Sooyoung, who'd gone to toss the towel in the laundry, came back in to find Jiwoo crying on the floor, and began to panic. "Oh no! what happened to my sunflower, I told you I wasn't angry, did you get hurt?" The panic was evident in her voice as she worried for the younger. 

It was when the little held the torn paper up that she realized what happened. "Jiji drew momma a picture cus she been workin' alot, but it's ruined" the younger said through quiet sobs as Sooyoung picked her up and let out a soft sigh of relief that nothing was really wrong. 

"Awe babygirl that's very sweet and I'm sure it was beautiful" she replied, placing a kiss against the younger's cheek and taking the ripped paper. Sooyoung tossed the paper into the bin, causing more tears to fall, but she quickly carried Jiwoo to the couch and continued to speak. "I know you're very sad about your beautiful drawing, and you wanted to give me a gift, but can I tell you a secret?"

This caught Jiwoo's attention and she calmed down a bit, nodding as quieter tears fell. "Wh- what's the sec- secret?" she stuttered out through her sniffles. 

"Momma loves you and you're the only gift I need. You make me feel better all by yourself!" The older's voice was genuine, gently tickling the younger's sides as she spoke. The little let a giggle escape her lips, finally smiling, although a few tears escaped. 

"Really? You promise you only needs me?" she asked as the older wiped stray tears from her face. The younger was obviously a lot happier now, but needed reassurance. 

"I promise you sunflower, you're my favorite gift, you always make me smile" she replied, making Jiwoo smile more and snuggle into her girlfriends arms. 

"I love you momma" she mumbled, calming down from her small meltdown, realizing it had made her a bit tired. 

"I love you too my sweet angel" She quickly decided against going back to working at the moment, focused only on her baby. The younger seeming grateful for the decision. Sooyoung had finished quite a bit, and Jiwoo was her priority now. "Let's watch a movie and cuddle for a bit?" 

Her suggestion got no real real response except the little snuggling closer and yawning. It was obviously a yes so Sooyoung grabbed the remote and quickly turned on a movie, laying down on the couch with her baby pulled close. Before long they were both passed out, napping after their eventful morning, both seeming perfectly satisfied just having each other.