chanlix - it's been a long day

Felix hasn't regressed in weeks, pushing the need down, afraid to bother Chan his very hardworking boyfriend. But Felix couldn't stop anymore, he was anxious, homesick and tired. He finally falls deep into his headspace but Chan isn't there.

felix - regressed to around 1, maybe less
chan - worried caregiver, his baby is hurt

--------------------

It was late at night, very rainy and cold inside the house. Felix had been overly stressed in recent days and pushing Chan away. He was anxious, homesick, and not in the best place. It was simple to him. If he was around his boyfriend he'd regress, and it would cause the older stress. Therefore he pushed him away, which was hard living in the same place after all.

Tonight was proving a particularly rough challenge, an overwhelming need to be cared for and a feeling of loneliness washing over Felix . He wanted Chan's attention, and his care, to be held and rocked. He just wanted his comfort. However the older Australian had made his way to the store a bit ago, and Felix was struggling to stop himself from falling apart. He was slipping farther and farther, with nothing to help.

Within 45 minutes, Felix had regressed significantly, feeling vulnerable and scared, and let himself fall to the living room floor. The little let out sad cries, yearning for his precious Chan to arrive home and tell him everything was okay. Luckily for him, he didn't have to wait very long. However it was unlucky for Chan because the first thing he heard when he entered their apartment with both arms full of groceries was a very upset, crying, and regressed Felix.

The older boy rushed over to Felix, setting the bag down as carefully as he could under the circumstances and kneeling down beside his seemingly panicking little boy. He slowly lowered himself to sit on the floor and patted his lap. Grabbing Felix while he was panicked was a big no-no whether he was little or big. It scared him and Chan knew it, because the poor boy was barely aware of his surroundings. However Felix needed to be held at times like these so their method was to let the younger crawl to him, which he quickly did.

Once the young boy was safely wrapped in his arms, Chan shushed him, petting his hair gently and telling him everything was okay. He had no idea what caused the others anxiety to spike so badly, nor was he going to ask  him, as the other was clearly regressed. Instead, the focus was on the boy feeling better. The groceries needed put away but that could wait a few minutes.

With some difficulty, Chan managed to stand while holding Felix close to his chest. As little as the boy was mentally, he was still a full grown person physically. However Chan had gotten increasingly used to carrying Felix  because the younger was often quite clingy, both little and big. Felix's cries and panicked breathing had turned to uneven slow breaths and post-cry hiccups, soft whimpers leaving him as the only form of communication, which Chan continued to shush, wanting the other totally calm. He started to hum softly as he carried the boy to the bedroom, grabbing a pacifier and Felix's favorite stuffed animal, a kangaroo he'd lovingly named after Chan.

"'m sorry daddy" the younger boy finally spoke, though it came out as a barely audible whine. Chan sweetly shushed him once more, pressing a kiss to his temple and shaking his head.

"Don't apologize sunflower, you did nothing wrong" he reassured, offering up the pacifier in his hands which Felix gratefully accepted. He had a habit to chew on pacifiers instead of sucking on them, so he gently began to chew on the object offered to him. Chan smiled softly, gently tucking the stuffed amimal into the little's arms. The older was well aware of how much the younger hated when Chan had to help his panic attacks, but he was more than willing. "Baby, can daddy leave for just a few minutes to put the groceries away? You've got channie here with you" he asked quietly, referring to the stuffed animal, and receiving a reluctant nod in return.

The little was placed on the bed where he curled up on his side. Chan gently wiped his tear stained, freckled cheeks, placing kisses over where the tears had previously fallen before leaving the room. After using the quickest possible way to shove all the groceries where they belong, he rushed back to the bedroom within minutes. Felix was just fine, laying how he'd been before, looking less upset, though not nearly as happy as usual. It hurt Chan a bit, knowing his little was usually older, running around and playing with toys. He was an energetic playfully and giggly little boy, but not after  panic attacks.

Shaking all worry out of his system, Chan made his way to the bed, "You need to change clothes sunshine, bedtime clothes" he gently reminded, helping the boy sit up. Felix complied easily, lifting his arms, and Chan lifted the boys shirt from his head. He used the shirt sleeve to carefully wipe some sweat from Felix's forehead. "Panics make you feel icky don't they angel" he asked gently, mostly using conversation to keep Felix distracted from the changing of clothes, which he'd learned the younger hated.

Felix responded with a nod and a soft hum, far to regressed to want to say anything. Not much time passed before Felix was wearing one of Chan's t-shirts and a pair of shorts while being gently pulled into the older's lap and held close to his chest. The little had long since stopped chewing on the pacifier, as it now sat still in his mouth as he quite obviously began to fall asleep. "It's been a long day hasn't it little one" Chan asked, placing another kiss to the small boy's temple, receiving a soft nod in response.

However this time he got actual words as well, though barely audible. "I love you daddy." Between the soft lisp in his little speech and the pacifier blocking his lips, he was hard to understand, but yet again, it was something Chan had grown accustomed to.

"I love you too my darling" he softly mumbled, rocking them softly to soothe the boy into a calm slumber. It worked quickly, and pretty soon Chan's little boy was out like a light, drawn close to his chest and breathing calmly one again.

The caregiver let a soft sigh escape his lips as he carefully moved the boy onto the bed, laying him down and covering him in the blanket. After quickly changing himself into New clothes he layed down beside the boy, kissed his cheek gently, then closed his own eyes. He continued brushing through Felix's hair with his fingers, slowly coming to a stop as he grew tired himself. Within the next half hour both boy's where fast asleep after a very difficult yet rewarding day.