A HUNCH

ˏˋ ° • * ⁀➷

  CHAPTER SIX; A Hunch

"It's beautiful isn't it?" You smiled and placed a hand on Gen's shoulder, his eyes wide and shimmering from the light reflected on them.

Senku and Chrome are on top of the shed, exclusively close to the light that they have created. Everyone was in awe of the light that has been artificially made. Who knew that light could be made that way?

It was so bright and warm, it surely must have been the first light that had been lit throughout this world of stone.

"It's like a dream.." Gen uttered softly and you chuckled.

"It must be. In what universe could people from the stone age acquire to even do this?"

The light started to dim.

"Other than us..."

Alas, the beautiful moment ended shortly, though it was quite promising. This only made the people of the Kingdom of Science more determined to work hard.

Chrome climbed down the shed while Senku stayed behind. From above he gazed at you with a faint smile before giving you a thumbs-up.

Gen watched as you replied with another thumbs up and a grin.

"Ne, [Name]-chan." You turned your attention to the dual-haired male beside you. "What are you and Senku?"

". . .We're human beings."

You corny girl.

"Eh--?" Gen sweat dropped on your literal answer. "I meant your relationship with him..."

"Pfft, why are you so pushy on this?" You questioned, slightly amused. "Are you trying to know if we're dating because you like me and you're making sure that I'm single and have nothing to do with him but be frieeenndss?"

Gen almost choked on his own spit as you said that and gave you a dumbfounded look.

"Nani, the fuck??"

"You should see your face!" You giggled.

"Oi, E-girl!" Senku suddenly called, he had just gotten down from the roof of the shed and is now inside with the others climbing up ahead to join him inside.

"We're going to shìt talk Gen, care to join?"

"Senku-chan. . .you're so cruel. . ."

Shaking your head, you waved a hand, "I'll be up in a minute, I have something to talk about with bat boy."

Senku raised his left eyebrow-- a little curious-- before shrugging to himself and turned his attention to Chrome and the others.

It was just you and Gen.

"Alright, my secret lover--"

"I am not your lover, I am a mentalist. And I call bullshit on you and Senku being friends."

". . .okay, lover boy." you smirked and he sighed in defeat.