COMFORT

ˋ°•*⁀➷
CHAPTER TWENTY; Comfort

"Are we seriously not that obvious?" You wondered to yourself as you brushed through your ombre locks with your fingers.

It was just you and Senku in the hut and while you were already laid down and comfy, Senku was standing by the door with a solemn look.

'Still stressing about it I guess. . .' You sighed quietly.

"Senku." You called out softly.

He didn't budge still deep in his thoughts.

"Senku." You tried again in a louder tone. The male flinched, realizing you were calling out his name, and turned to you.

"What is it?" Just from the sound of his voice, you could tell how exhausted he was. 

You patted down the empty covered spot beside you.

"Come here, lay with me nerdy."

The male's eyes softened as he looked at your face.

Despite getting caught up in a so-called 'stuck' you still managed to at least lift his mood even just a little, and you weren't even doing much. He guessed that maybe the fact that you weren't as worked up as he is was a good sign.

It gives off a feeling that all hope is not lost. As long as you're fine, then eventually, things will be as well.

It's a good balance between the two of you. If either one of you feels worked up, then the other would be there to comfort and console them.

Cracking a small smile he trudged forward to you before sitting himself comfortably on the bed as he let out a big sigh.

"You're a nerd too, y'know?"

"I know," You chuckled before patting your thighs. "Here, lay here."

"There's a pillow right here." 

"These pillows are better." You waved off, "C'mooon, it's babe time!"

Senku scoffed. "Babe time? I haven't heard that in years."

"Literally." You grinned as Senku positions himself down and lay his on your soft thighs with a tired sigh.

"Man, what a day." He groaned softly, closing his eyes and placing both his hands together on his chest.

Your fingers then started to roam his surprisingly soft gravity-defying hair and raked through his ombre locks. "You mean a week and the next days coming."

"Right," he let another sigh pass his lips, relaxing a little from your touch. "If we can't do cellphones, we can't do cellphones. I don't have time to be bummed out."

"Sweetie, don't be like that." You soothed in an affectionate tone. "It's okay to feel bummed out every once in a while, it's natural. And like what you've said to me when I was sick, I gotta let it all out and not just keep it in."

The male hummed, still keeping his eyes close.

"We will find a way to this," You assured, fingers now massaging his temples gently