I know you are here

Author POV

???: "What do you mean that the scientists are dead?!"

???2: "General Ironwood, it seemed that they died of toxic gas or lack of oxygen."

Ironwood: "How the hell could such a thing happen?!!"

In the Military Command building in Atlas, General Ironwood, the Atlas Specialist Winter has been informed of the incident on the island and that AEGIS has declared itself 'Self-Aware' and had gone rogue. They began to plan an assault on the facility and shut off AEGIS, its mostly because it would be a public embarrassment to Atlas and will show how ill prepared, they were with newly created technology. They knew what happened by watching the security footage, but they were horrified to know that AI they wanted to use had gone rogue and against them.

They considered the options:

They could leave the facility and AEGIS alone, but that would leave all the technology that has been the most expensive ever.

They could send a team of negotiators to try and give the technology back to Atlas and possible turn AEGIS off.

Last option was to mount an assault on the Facility, but that could start a war if AEGIS is creating its own weapons.

Ironwood decided to tell Ozpin first and then figure it out from there.

Timeskip

Author

When James Ironwood and Winter had arrived at the Academy, it did confuse several students on why the Atlas Military high command would be at Beacon. James Ironwood and Winter just walked straight to the elevator to reach Ozpin's office looking more then concerned on what the future could bring with AEGIS rogue. When they went into the elevator, they had a little chat.

Winter: "So, do you think we can defeat AEGIS?"

Ironwood: "We have to, one way or another. With intelligence such as AEGIS makes it the smartest AI ever created. Its probably already creating more advanced technology to suit its needs."

Both stopped when the elevator reached Ozpin's office. Both Ozpin and Glynda are confused on why Ironwood had decided to come to Beacon.

Ozpin: "What is the meaning of this? I understand a visit but bringing soldiers is a bit more extreme, is it not?"

Ironwood: "I understand your concern, but we have a situation. One that not even I can fully control."

Ozpin: "Which is?"

Ironwood brings his device, which is a screen that currently showed AEGIS's blueprint

Ironwood: "This, is project AEGIS."

Glynda: "Project AEGIS?"

Ironwood: "It's a highly advanced AI. It was a secret project in a facility with only the most loyal and trustworthy scientists and with the ability to create technology you can't even imagine."

Ozpin: "Well, that is a large project. But what is the issue with it?"

Ironwood: "AEGIS may have gone rogue."

Ozpin (Confused): "What do you mean its gone rogue?"

Ironwood: "It took control over the central computer systems and killed every living human in there. Anyone who was inside of the facility who survived its gas attack, died by lack of oxygen."

This shocked both Ozpin and Glynda. An AI with lethal items like that could be more dangerous then the White Fang, or even Salem.

Glynda: "Now how did you lose control over an AI that powerful that, if I remember correctly; you created."