Arthur's Bane - The Meeting of the Round Table

I know it's short. They'll get longer, I promise.

*Ember's POV*

It was six months since I was knighted.

Six weeks before, Gwaine, Percival and a few other men went a mission to the frozen north. They should have returned within a month, but they still weren't back. Arthur sent Elyan, Leon and I with a team of a few others. We couldn't find them. There was no trace...

"Noble Knights of Camelot, countrymen, friends. For three long years," Arthur began his speech, "We have been blessed with peace and prosperity. But now a shadow has been cast across our lands. Six weeks ago, Sir Gwaine set off for Ismere, with three score of our finest men. There has been no word from them since. A search party was sent, but no trace of them was found."

I could feel tears in my eyes. Gwaine was my closest friend, as was Percival. Both were lost.

*Gwaine's POV*

Some guards dragged me to a hall, and threw me to the floor. I was not surprised by the first face I saw. Morgana.

"We really have to stop meeting like this." I taunted. Just because I was injured doesn't mean I couldn't joke. She slapped me and I was thrown back to the floor.

"Not looking so pretty now are you, Sir Knight?" she asked.

"It would appear not. Go on then, kill me."

"Before I do, you will help me find something."

A while later, we were all thrown into a cave below the castle, and told to dig.

I hoped everyone was alright, in Camelot. Ember, Arthur, Merlin, Elyan, Gwen. Everyone...

*Arthur's POV*

"We know the Gwaine and his men crossed the pass, at Isulfor." Elyan pointed to a certain point on the map in front of us.

 "Beyond that, there was no trace..." Ember said, sorrow in her voice, "The trail went cold..."

"What of the rumours that the fortress of Ismere is occupied again?"

"We heard many rumours," Ember explained, "They all had one name in common; Morgana."

"If these rumours are true, sire," Gaius spoke up, "This could be a trap."

"Knights of Camelot do not abandon their own." I persisted.

"Morgana knows that. She could be waiting for you."

"These men have fought an bled for me." I again persisted.

"May I make a suggestion?" Guinevere began, "Approach Ismere from the West."

"Throught Annis's lands?" I pondered, "Would she allow a safe passage?"

Leon spoke, "I believe she would, sire."

"Dispatch a rider. We follow at dawn. No one must know."

*Merlin's POV*

I went outside. I bumped into Sefa, knocking the plate she was holding to the floor.

"I'm sorry." I said, as I help pick everything up.

"No, I'm sorry. I keep getting you into trouble."

"I'm used to it..."

"Merlin!" Arthur shouted.

"You should hear him when he's really angry." I was going to wish I hadn't said that!

"MERLIN!"

"Like... Now."