Arthur's Bane - Saved

*Gwaine's POV*

I struggled to open my eyes, but when I did, I was blinded by the same light that lead my there. I had never seen a creature like it before...

"You saved me. Thank you." I said, my voice weak. I hated that.

"I know you are worthy of my help." it wheezed. That was one weird creature!

But it confused me, "Meaning?"

"You think that kindness is the reason that the humans survive?" it said. Well, it had a point.

"What--? Who are you?"

"I am known by many names..." Did it insist on riddles?, "I am the last of my kind... Once, my kind were revered... Now we are hunted... Even this last refuge, is safe no longer." Apparently, it did...

"You are weak," it said after a while, "You must rest."

"Thank you again." With that, I went to sleep.

*Sefa's POV*

I awoke, and saw my father at the door of my cell!

"Sefa, come quickly!" he whispered. "Onluce the!"

"Father, it is so good to see you!"

*Gwen's POV*

The warning bell sounded and I ran to the window and looked out. Sir Leon came in.

"Is it Ruadan?"

"Almost certainly."

"Do what you must. Find him." I said, urgently.

*Sefa's POV*

My father and I ran through the castle, knights chasing after us. We turned a corner, and father pushed me aside, behind a pillar, so I was not seen. The knights ran past, missing us, and we stepped out again.

"Onluce the!" father whispered, his hand to the door.

The door unlocked, and father ran through, but before I could do the same, Sir Elyan saw me.

"There!" he shouted to the others.

Father pulled me along, but within seconds, we were surrounded.

"Give yourselves up," Elyan advised, "There is no escape."

Instead of doing so, father drew his sword, and began fighting, but I was restrained. He fought for a while, but there were too many of them. Elyan stabbed his sword through my father.

"No! Father!" I broke free and ran to him, before he fell.

"Bael onbryne!" father cast, with most of his remaining energy.

Flames burst up between us and the knights, and we ran. We ran into the forest but he was weak. He collapsed, but hauled himself up. I took his weight, and we went to some ruins.

He needed water, so I ran to the nearby well to fetch him some. He took a miniature scroll and quill from his pocket and wrote something.

"Father, you must heal yourself!"

"My powers are not strong enough..."

"At least try! Please..."

He summoned a crow, "Attach this to the bird." he held out the scroll, and after I had done so, it flew away.

I heard the knights coming.

"I will always love you, Sefa. You must be strong."

"Father, please. No!" I let a few tears fall as I hugged him. Then he passed... All I could do was run, tears falling...