Take Me Home - Zarry

Harry

I didn't know what it was, but every time the lads and I rehearsed for "Little Things," my head would just dream of Zayn. My eyes shifted to him, my body yearned to be near him, my whole being was attracted to him. 

I had always been really close to Zayn; not as much as I was with Louis, but we were close. There was just that one thing about him that drove me crazy. He always had me wondering about him. My mind was never complete without at least one thought about him. There was always something more that I was feeling, something bigger than just best mates.

I couldn't prove it. I didn't have the guts to. Today, that was all going to change. Our Take Me Home album was coming out today, and the lads and I were going to have a big celebration all alone together. It was the perfect opportunity to use this time to tell Zayn exactly how I felt about him, that I wanted to be more than 'just mates.'

As we toasted with champagne in each of our glasses, I caught Zayn's eyes from next to me. I was about to tell him right then and there, with the lads, that I loved him... But I just couldn't do it. I was too scared. I excused myself out of the room quickly, making my way to the balcony. I let out deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. I was never going to get the courage to tell Zayn...

The door opened behind me, and I nearly jumped 10 feet in the air from shock. I turned around to look....

At Zayn. 

My heart sped up, racing like an Energizer bunny. What was he doing here? What am I going to do? What am I going to do?

"Are you avoiding me?" he asked.

I scoffed, a nervous giggle escaping from my mouth. "Avoiding you... pshh... no... I... no..."

He shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips. Oh... His lips...

"You're a horrible actor, you do know what, right?"

I blushed. "Well..."

"What are you not telling me?" He asked, stepping closer, finding a place next to me as we stared into the night.

"Well... I... You see... I just..."

"God, why is everything so much slower coming out of your mouth when you're nervous? I didn't even thinking slower was possible!"

I sighed. "Sorry..."

"Look Harry, the truth is, I love you. I have loved you, and I always will love you. I've been holding it in for ages and I just can't take it anymore. If you don't love me back that's completely okay because I have thought long and hard about how I was going to tell you and I don't want our friendship to be ruined because it's really important but I just had to say it because it's true and I wanted to be honest and--"

I shut him up by shoving my lips onto his.

Finally!

It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. His mouth tasted like cherries. A sweet, tangy taste with a hint of lingering sugar. It was delicious. My hands flew around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist. He pulled me in closer, making me let out a moan. 

I had waited for this for such a long time. 

When he pulled away, we were huffing, trying to catch our breath in the cold air.

"That was better than I ever imagined," I breathed.

"I agree. This is the best way to celebrate a new album..." He lingered, his eyes setting on my lips again.

"Album? Oh yeah... that. We can talk about that later..." I said, going in for another kiss. He chuckled as our lips met.

This was the best day of my life.