Part 9

The night came and we were on our usual places. Her in the bed and me on the floor.

I was staring at the ceiling trying to erase the moments earlier. "So... so naked."

"Can we uh.. not talk about that please?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just saying."

"So uh.. what's the deal with you and your father?" She asked me carefully. She must've heard something.

"Oh, I'm sorry that question is not on the binder. Tsk." I said.

"I thought you were the one that said we needed to learn about..."

"Not about that I didn't."

"They will going to ask."

"Not about that Jhoana!! Good night!!" I said in a much louder voice.

I heard her sigh. There was an awkward silence after that.

"I like It's Showtime." She said out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked her.

"I enjoy watching the people that are on that studio even my Tagalog is not good. I still enjoy watching that. I took ballet lessons in elementary. I think volleyball players are sexy and attractive."

She is confessing and sharing things to me.

"Don't like flowers on the house cause they remind me of funerals. Never played a video game. I read Harry Potter every Christmas."

"All of them?" I asked.

"All of them." She agreed. "That's my favorite book. Haven't slept with anyone for over a year and half. And I went to the bathroom and cried after Bobby called me a Poisonous Bitch."

Wow, I thought she's okay with that.

"And the bird tattoo?" I asked.

"They are Swallows. They are a kind of bird. Got them when I was 16, after my parents died. Stupid." She cleared her throat. "I'm sure there's many many other things, but that's all I can come up for now."

I didn't said a word. I was surprised. She's telling personal things to people other than Satan. Kidding.

"Uhm, you still there?" She asked me

"Yea. I'm here. Just processing everything. You really haven't had sex in 18 months?"

"Oh my God, of all of that, that's what you remembered?"

"That's a long time!" I said and chuckled. Which she also did. I breath deeply before saying the things that I will say next. "Jhoana?"

"Yes."

"Don't take this the wrong way but, you are a very, very beautiful woman."

I didn't saw it, but I know she smiled. I can feel it! She didn't said anything so I drifted off to sleep.

I hope I'm right.

--

I was woken up by a smash of pillow on my face. "What?!"

"Bea, your mom is at the door!"

"Oh! God!"

"Just a second." She shouted before whispering to me. "Come here, bilis." I looked at her with wide eyes, not because she spoke in tagalog but..

"Are you wearing make up?" I asked her. She was wearing a lipgloss and her cheeks are pinch red.

"What?! No. Come!!"