-1-

isabella's p.o.v

i slowly open my eyes and wake up as i hear someone shouting my name. getting up, i look around to see who is making this much noise and it's my little sister amber, who is only 2 years younger than me, jumping up and down on my bed.

"izzy, wake up, wake up!" i grunt as i look around for my phone. i find it on the night stand and look at the time.

its 6:43 am.

"what,," i mumble as i pull the covers over me once again.

"today's the first day of school! i'm an eighth grader! i'm the top dogs of the school! i'm so excited! aren't you excited for sophomore year? you're much older than me, i bet you're ready for 10th grade! i'm so excited, i'm so happy!!!" she squeals. i huff and throw the covers off of me and sit straight up.

"sophomore year is just like freshman year, and school doesn't start until-"

i hear her snicker as i realize school starts at 7:30 am. i look back at my phone and now it's 6:54.

"shit!" i say to myself between my teeth as i shoot up.

"yeah. you better start getting ready, tehe." she skips out of my room as i run up to the door and slam it shut. i rush to find some clothes to change into, and put them on.

just a white tee, light-wash ripped jeans, and black hi-top converse.

i'm so basic.

i find my school bag that i had prepared the night before (because i'm smart) on my lounge chair and grab my light blue jean jacket off of the clothes hangers.

i feel like i'm forgetting something...

i quickly grab my phone off of my bed and look at the time. 7:16. just about 15 minutes before i need to get to school.

i put my phone in my backpack water pouch and walk out of my room. i go to the kitchen and see my mom just standing at the sink on her phone. as soon as me and my mom make eye contact, she starts to interrogate me.

"so, when does school end, isabella?" my mom asks.

"same time, mom."

"are you going to be home at that time, like always?"

"of course."

"are you taking amber on your way to school?"

"yes, mom."

"are you also going to pick her up on you way back?"

"mhm..."

"you better text me when you get out of school."

"i know mom-"

"you know, yet you always "forget"?"

i grunt at her and try to hold back tears as i grab a pop tart package from the pantry. i find the s'mores kind (guys, s'mores pop tarts SLAP) and shut the pantry door. i walk up to amber and she looks up at me from her phone.

"ready?"

she nods and gets up and we both walk out of the house. we make our way to her school, which isn't that far away. maybe only 3 blocks away.

amber suddenly speaks.

"does mom hate... you?" she asks.

i freeze, taken back from her question. i start to question myself. 

does my own mother hate me, or does she just want me to take care of amber and make sure we're safe?

"i... don't know. let's just not think about that."

"okay, sorry for asking..."

"you're fine."

i shake my head as we make our way to amber's school's entrance.

she's technically just a kid, i can't have her start thinking that our mother's the bad person.

we reach the first steps and stop. amber turns to me and hugs me.

"bye izzy. good luck with sophomore year." amber says as she hugs me.

"thanks, amber. good luck with eighth grade." i say while i hug her back. we parted from each other and she walks up the stairs to her friend group.

i wish i had a friend group.

yet, again, i don't like and want to socialize.

i walk away from her school as i make my way to my own school, which is also not that far away. schools in this town are almost close to each other, which i don't know why they are.

i finally see my school and everyone waiting outside. since i don't have many friends, i usually sit at the picnic table and sketch in my sketchbook.

i reach my usual picnic table and take a seat, taking my backpack off of me. i pull out my sketch book and set it on the table.

the school bell suddenly rings, signaling our first period starting. i grunt as i shove my sketchbook back in my bag and get up.

i swing my bag back on me, and i feel it hit something, or someone.

i look back and i hit a girl with short, purple hair.

"ow?!" she says as she glares at me.

oh, shit-

"i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to hit you!" i say. i look at the ground and see a pair of black glasses. i bend down and pick them up, assuming they belonged to the purple-haired girl.

i hand them to her and she takes them form me, putting them back on her face.

"thanks," she mumbles as she walk away from me, not looking back. i instantly feel bad and sigh.

you're okay, it was just an accident. you'll forget about it. she'll forget about it. no one saw. no one is mad.

it's okay.

you're fine.

but what a day today will be when i'm feeling guilty.

<><><>

AAA okay so i'm gonna test this out and see how it goes. there might be really slow updates because i lose a lot of motivation so... yep.

also i swear, conan is coming next chapter lol.

thank you for reading if you're still this far down! lets see where this story goes.

love all of you guys :)

- C