-5-

isabella's p.o.v

thank god today is saturday, i have the whole weekend to myself since my mom is at some work convention for the weekend and my sister is over her friends house having two sleepovers.

i planned on sleeping all day and just doing nothing, but i decided to take a stroll at the park. you know, just to clear my mind.

.

as i was walking down the granite path of the park, i look around to see everyone having such a nice time. kids running around flying their kites, couples holding each others hand leaning on each other while they stay close together while walking.

wish i were them.

i make my way further down the path, vibing when i hear the strumming of a ukulele. curious and intrigued, i walk over to the sounds of it and i stop in my tracks to see who is playing the ukulele.

wow, a surprise. it's none other than conan.

i look at him in awe as he continues playing, not noticing my presence. i decide to sit down at a near bench and listen to him sing while strumming his stringed instrument.

"... a boy meets a girl, they go off to beat the world and they both fall left unsatisfied.

"cause lovesick boys will write you love songs, and the lovesick girls will always listen.. "

his voice sounds so angelic, and he looks so calm and relaxed in the moment.

how has no one come around to enjoy the music?

as conan finishes his song and strums the last few chords of the song, i stand back up and applaud him. he looks shocked that someone was listening the whole time, and i just smirk at him, while walking towards him.

he tenses up and brings his ukulele up to his chest, slightly grabbing onto it.

"what? don't act so paranoid, it's just me. do you not like me..?" i tease him as i sit down next to him, crossing my legs.

"no, i just didn't know you would be here.." conan shyly says and nervously laughs.

"i was just walking around and then i found you." i say. he turns his head to me slightly and smiles.

"i love your singing, it's really good! i couldn't do any better." i say sincerely. he thanks me and looks down at his ukulele.

"so.. did you write that song?" i ask him. he nods.

"it's called lovesick boys, i wrote it a couple years back." he runs his hand through his curly hair.

"i just thought i would try to play it again. i tried to calm myself down, and singing and playing is kind of what settles me." he admits. i frown and sigh.

"what's going on?" i ask. he gives me a confused look.

"huh? oh no, i'm fine, really. you don't need to worry." he mumbles, placing his uke down next to him.

"are you sure? your tone of voice says otherwise." i say. he rests his elbow on his knee and places his chin on his palm. he pets the grass under him with his other hand.

"yeah, i'm sure. i just have one of those moods where.. i'm just feeling down but i have no idea what the cause of it is, you know?" he sighs.

"yeah, of course."

after i say those words both of us fall silent, not knowing what to say next. conan looks bored out of his mind, still playing with the grass as i just sit next to him, looking at people passing buy.

"could i ask you something?" i say.

"sure, go ahead."

"you said you made that song, lovesick boys, correct..?" he nods and hums at my question.

"do you also make other songs and like.. publish them? i heard another song i think form you... you think i'm crazy?" i say. his eyes widen, lifting his head up from his palms.

"how do you know..?" he asks, squinting his eyes.

"i listened to some random persons playlist on youtube, and i stumbled upon a few of your songs. i think they sound really good." i compliment him.

"you're so sneaky.... but thanks, izzy." he says.

"hah, yeah, no problem."

i suddenly hear a buzzing sound around me, and i immediately get anxious, thinking it's a bee. i lower my head and look around, and i see a small fuzzy honeybee resting on a small dandelion.

"aw." i say as i point to the bee. i catch conans attention and he looks to where i'm pointing, which is to the bee.

"i actually made a song called 'honeybee'. how iconic." he chuckles. i snicker at his words, picking at a few pieces of grass.

"you know, conan, i don't think you're that bad." i say, turning to him.

he turns to me as well, a grin plastered on his face.

"i could say the same to you, isabella."

<><><>

ohmygod dhsakhdska

but here, two chapters in a day, yay!...?

it may turn into 3, you never know

thanks for reading idle town, even if you don't vote. i just wanna know who enjoys reading or not :,)

- c