-2-

isabella's p.o.v

i look around the halls with my head down, also eating my pop tart. i see a bunch of girls making out with their football boyfriends, giggling hysterically.

i finally reach my first class, which is drawing 2.

i've always loved to draw, but painting is my weakness. i have no idea why, but my hands are always so shaky when i pick up any paintbrush.

sketching and just, drawing in general, i guess i'm pretty good at. i wouldn't say i'm the best, though. i've seen people last year in my drawing class that are way better than me.

i take a step in the classroom, and i realize i'm quite early.

me, my teacher (mrs. anderson), and a boy that i have never seen around the school before.

he looks asian and has slightly curly brown locks. his chin is resting in his hand as he scrolls through his phone. he looks hella bored.

"hey, mrs. anderson," i smile and wave at her. i finish my pop tart and wrinkle the wrapper.

"good morning, isabella, great timing!" she gets up from her office chair and walks up to me.

"huh? what do you mean?" i say as i throw away the wrapper. she looks at me with a wide smile.

"i'd like you to sit next to the new kid for the first two semesters. he's new to this class and since you've aced my class all throughout freshman year, i would like you to help him this year! no pressure if you don't feel comfortable." she says. my lips parted and i squinted one eye. i look over to the asian and we make eye contact.

he is pretty cute, though, not gonna lie.

i mean what.

"i'll take some time to think about it first, i can let you know sometime this week." i say to her. she nods and goes back to her desk.

i decide to take a seat at an empty table, because i'm socially anxious, and watch the rest of the kids flood into the art room.

i suddenly see max walk in with his group of friends. we make eye contact when he scans the room, and i quickly look away.

max and i don't have a good relationship. i dated him for maybe 2 months last year, and he was a total ass to me. i mean, he was a total ass to everyone he dated.

i don't know why i said yes to him. maybe i was desperate? wanted a first timer. he was abusive and would make fun of my body. no, i'm not fat. in fact, i'm really skinny. and it's not healthy.

he would call me a twig and always push me to eat stuff i didn't want to eat. he would bring me to restaurants all the time but i would only order small dishes.

i guess it was kind of my fault our relationship fell out of hand. it was my fault because of the way i looked and acted. i guess now, i can't really blame him.

.

"hello everyone!" mrs. anderson starts off class.

"my name is mrs. anderson, if you don't already know," she points to her name on the whiteboard.

"and you'll be spending the whole year with me. i hope i get to know all of you guys well!

"why don't we go around the room, introducing ourselves? share your name, grade group, and a fun fact!"

oh.

"isabella, you first!" she says with a smile.

i clear my throat and look down, playing with my hoodie strings. its silent for a few seconds until i finally speak up.

"uh.. hi. i'm isabella myers, but i'd rather have you call me izzy. i'm a sophomore this year and..." i look at everyone's stares at me.

"i.. uh.. don't know. i guess a secret talent of mine is that i play ukulele.." i push a few strands of hair out of my face, and i look up. i notice the boy and he's smiling, looking down at his desk.

"very nice, izzy. thanks for sharing!" the teacher says.

the rest of the class shares, and i don't really pay attention.

when it comes to the boy's turn, i start to actually listen.

"hey y'all. my name is, uh, conan gray."

conan gray. it must feel nice saying your name, mr. gray.

"i'm a junior this year, and one little fact is that i also play ukulele, like izzy." i shoot my head up and look at him. conan widely smiles and giggles a bit, and i feel myself blush.

he has nice canines. why did i take note of that?

"wonderful." mrs. anderson says. conan nods at her and the rest of the people share.

when everyone is done, the teacher only talks about what we will be doing this year, what topics we will be discussing, and all of that jazz. i learned the majority of this last year and i know how to do them (it's like details, shading, getting to know how to draw the human body).

it's all boring stuff, believe me.

.

the final bell rings for all of us are finally set free.

now i gotta pick up amber.

and text my mother.

once i'm outside of the school, i set my bag down on a worn-out bench and fish my phone out of my bag. i close it and swing it onto my shoulder.

i didn't hit anyone again, thankfully.

i start walking to ambers school, when i suddenly hear someone call my name. the voice sounds familiar as well.

"isabella? izzy!" someone calls. i turn my head and see the boy running towards me.

conan?

"yeah, that's me...haha..." i say as i turn myself around.

he stops in front of me and pants, his hands on his knees, catching his breath.

i look down at him with a blank face. he shoots his head up at me and sighs.

"hi."

"hey, conan."

<><><>

weird ending, hdkjhaskj i know. i'm trying, lmao.

what does conan want from isabella? tehe.

lolololol love you all. thank you for sticking with me :_)

- C