Independence Day

"A true hero isn't measured by the size of their strength, but by the size of their heart."-unknown.

 Happy Harbor

If you asked Elianna Renee Gates what the best day of her life was, her answer would be today. Today is the day after all; the day where she's finally recognized as a hero, as Gemini, not Aries's protege.

There's still a few hours before the Hall of Justice ceremony is to take place, so Ella finds herself lazily watching various medical shows to pass the time. It was one of those days where time seemed to have stopped. Where minutes felt like hours, and hours felt like days.

Hearing a soft knock on her door, Ella turns her head to see her father standing in the doorway. "Time to go, ma chérie."

Quirking her eyebrow and checking the time, Ella notices there's still about 2 hours before she's set to be at the hall. "Where are we going? It's only 10." Seeing the excitement in her father's face, Ella realizes there must be some hero business to be done, "You look really giddy, is there a mission?"

With a heartfelt chuckle, Cameron motions for his daughter to follow him down the hall as he says, "Yes, Ellie, so I'd suggest getting off your lazy butt and coming along."

 Happy Harbor Center

Flying next to Aries, Ella listens intently to her mentor as he gives her a 'mission briefing', "Minister Blizzard escaped the Happy Harbor Bayside Jail earlier this morning, but there have been no reports of any sightings until about 5 minutes ago. His most recent location is near the Mad Yak Café."

Ella felt annoyance bubble up in her stomach. They just threw the ice villain in jail not even 2 weeks ago and he picks today of all days to break out.

Spotting said villain, Ella lands next to her father a few feet away from their opponent. Just seeing the ice villain's smug face further fed her aggravation. Crossing her arms over her chest Ella mutters a, "Let's just get this over with," before breaking into 10 clones of herself.

Shaking his head at his daughter's impatience, Cameron surges forward to assist his protege.

Kicking her leg out with a satisfied smirk as she heard the villain gasp for breath, winded from the kick to his stomach, Ella charges up her hands in preparation to stun Blizzard with what she dubbed her 'energy orbs'.

She never got the change to hit him though, as the villain recovered faster than she anticipated. Charging up his ice gun, Ella felt herself being thrown back into the brick wall of the cafe from the force of the solid ice mending around her hands.

Grunting in pain, Ella looked up to see the dreaded ice villain walking towards her.

Frantically looking around for her father, Ella found him helping civilians get away from the scene. It looked like someone had twisted their ankle and needed help getting to safety.

Letting a sigh escape her lips, Ella reverted her attention back to the man in front of her.

"Looks like someone's not ready for the big league yet, huh? Still need big 'Ol Pops over there to come to the rescue all the time?"

Smirking to herself, Ella's eyes glow yellow as she makes as many copies of herself as possible. Giving each of them certain commands, she watches as roughly 20 other Gemini's take down the villain she hates a little extra today.

Watching Minister Blizzard crumble to the ground, Ella can't help but feel proud of herself. Slumping back in exhaustion, Ella hears familiar footfalls coming towards her.