Chapter 17

To say Amethyst was pissed at the fact she was woken up at 3 in the morning would be an understatement, but someone had called in an emergency, and Nurse Joy required her help tending to pokemon. Amethyst groaned, but wrangled together her 5 Fairy and Grass-type pokemon she could use to assist her.

She wrote a messy note to Kiawe and taped it to her door after changing messily into her scrubs and pulling her hair into a crappy bun. As she ran out of the door, she grabbed the large backpack which contained 3 Jars of burn salve, Potions, Revives, Full Restores, fresh water, and a small amount of moomoo milk from Kiawe's farm.

She hopped on Corviknight, as he was faster and within minutes Amethyst was at the location, where a fire had started at a small ranch, and a bunch of the farm and caretaker pokemon were injured severely. She let out her healing pokemon, giving them orders and rushing to tend to the most injured pokemon. Nurse Joy hadn't arrived at the scene, but Officer Jenny along with multiple firefighters were there.

Amethyst pulled out a large jar of the burn salve she was grateful she had spent the time to make. She hastily applied some to the stomach of a large Miltank, wrapping it securely in bandages, asking Gardevoir to use a heal pulse before following her.

At one point, she was helping a fainted Mudbray out of a part of the building that had been put out, but was still hot. Part of the structure collapsed, and the resulted with small burns down her forearms which she used to shield herself and the injured Mudbray. She wrapped them up quickly and continued on.

She worked, applying varying salves to the different wounds, rubbing down scrapes and bruises with a potion and giving them an Oran or Sitrus berry. Her arms ached from how quickly she was moving. Nurse Joy assisted the pokemon who had already been somewhat treated.

The sun was high in the sky by the time the duo were finished and the fire was completely out. Amethyst fell onto Coviknight with the most grace she could muster, stroking the bird's feathers softly. Nurse Joy approached her tiredly. "Thank you for your early response. You did a magnificent job even though you were exhausted." Amethyst gave a soft smile, checking the time on the watch she had barely had the time to strap on and almost fell over. It was almost 9:00.

Amethyst looked at Nurse Joy. "Let's get to the pokemon center, I'll put on a big pot of Coffee. You can take a nap while it's brewing, you look more tired than I feel." Nurse Joy gave a soft laugh. "I guess, I had to run all the way here because I don't have a flying type to use." Amethyst climbed onto Covriknight, lending a hand to Nurse Joy. The injured pokemon would be transferred to multiple pokemon centers around Alola, including theirs so they couldn't dawdle.

Corviknight took to the sky, and Amethyst took a moment to relish in the serenity that was the sky. The wind was whipping past her face, tousling some of the hair that had come out of it's bun and stinging lightly at her eyes. The coolness of the sky was a welcome relief compared to the heat they had to deal with for hours as the fire department struggled to get the fire under control. The blue of the sky drew her in, and made her relax. Her relaxation was brought to a halt as Corviknight began his descent.

Once on the land, Amethyst yawned as she returned the Crow Pokemon, waiting patiently for Nurse Joy to unlock the doors to the Pokemon Center. Once inside, Amethyst immediately went for the barely-used coffee pot, setting it so that the coffee was as strong as it could be.

Amethyst slumped into the chair by the counter, watching as Nurse Joy went into the break room to sleep, Chansey not far behind. Amethyst released the pokemon she used, telling them to get some rest in one of the rooms, and they happily accepted.

Amethyst fiddled with the computer, updating inventory of items and prepared for the pokemon to arrive. She registered each pokemon individually, sending them to conjoined rooms and placing varying monitoring systems.