The arena

"So how did you find me? I only just sent the transmission to you three but I guess that's just the two of them now. And what were they doing on Tatooine?" Obiwan asked after a while.

"It's a strange and long story... and Anakin and Padme? Well, Anakin had finally decided to check on his mother and before you go and say that that was an irresponsible move and against his training, I told him to go." Melanie said quietly.

"Well, it's not as if we don't have time to talk," He replied sarcastically, motioning to his handcuffs. "And that is very against his training. Jedi are not supposed to have attachments."

Melanie rolled her eyes before looking down and fiddling with her sleeves. "Well, unlike other Jedi, he actually grew up with his mother. It's impossible not to form attachments to your parents one way or another. Nonetheless, it has happened and there is nothing you can do about it now except tell him off."

Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes for a moment before asking "So why are you here?"

"I had a series of unusual and frankly terrifying dreams last night. I believe most of them involved what you were going through and perhaps what is to happen. I... I..."

"You what?"

"I saw you dead." She looked him in the eyes. "I had to come to make sure you were alright. I know I'm not doing the best job because now I'm a prisoner too... but at least we're in this together."

"That we are..." Obi-Wan replied. He was deep in thought about what she had told him. He wondered if he would lose his life here but mostly, how and why did she have these dreams of the future? "At least Padme and Anakin are safe right?"

Melanie nodded with a small smile but she nervously tugged at her sleeves, feeling that deep down they had done something stupid. They sat in comfortable silence, both deep in thought. After a little while, a few Geonosian guards came in and put them on a chariot, pulling them down the long catacomb tunnels. Melanie's heart was beating wildly and her eyes were wide.

"How are you so calm? I swear it's like you have no fears." Melanie asked bewildered.

"No one is fearless, my dear."

"Then what are you afraid of?"

"I won't tell you because it would ruin my mysterious, fearless aura."

Despite this, Obi-Wan reached out and held her hand to calm her as the chariot continued trundling. They went through a large archway and were blinded by the sunlight. All around them they could hear cheering and as their eyes adjusted they could see they were in an arena. Their chariot headed towards four large pillars. When they arrived, Obiwan and Melanie hands were torn apart as they were pushed towards different pole's. Melanie quickly pulled out a pin from her hair. Padme had taught her how to unpick a lock which was a very useful thing to learn. Their arms were pulled above them as their chain was attached to the hook at the top of the pillars. After that they were left alone for a moment. The insects were waiting for something.

"What do you think they're waiting for?" Melanie asked.

"I'm not sure but I have a bad feeling about it." He replied.

As if to answer their question, a second chariot appeared and on it where the last people that Melanie and Obiwan wanted to see.

"Are you kidding me." She hissed. Obi-Wan looked defeated as the chariot drove by. Padme and Melanie had eye contact and Melanie shook her head. "I would have advised you against this."

"I was beginning to wonder if you'd got my message," Obi-wan spoke to Anakin.

"I retransmitted it as you had requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you two." He answered with a cheeky smile.