The Club

I decided to split the chase chapter in half because it was super long.

The chase continued and the assassin went through a tunnel. Anakin for some reason kept driving straight. Melanies legs were beginning to hurt under the weight of Obiwan.

"Where are you going? He went that way!"

"Master if we keep this chase going any longer, that creep is going to end up deep fried and personally I would very much like to find out who he is and who he's working for. This is a short cut, I think..."

Anakin continued to wind through the buildings and Melanie told him to take a left because it was quicker. Finally Anakin made it to his destination, pulling to a stop and all three of them looked around.

"Well you've lost him." Obiwan groaned.

"I'm deeply sorry master." Anakin turned to look at his master sitting on a woman's lap causing him to smirk.

"That was some short cut, you two. He went completely the other way. Once again you've proved that - " While Obiwan was lecturing them, Anakin caught sight of something. He turned to Melanie who gave him a quick nod and eye roll.

"If you'll excuse me." Anakin said before throwing himself out of the speeder. Melanie shrieked and Obiwan jumped off her lap and leaned over the door that Anakin just disappeared out of.

"I hate it when he does that." Obiwan groaned. He positioned himself in the drivers seat and took off after his padawan. Melanie's legs ached a little as blood flow returned to her legs. She felt cold after the presence of his body had left her.

"Don't you realise you just did that out Padmes window?" She joked.

"Good point."

In the distance, they could see blaster shots being fired as Anakin held onto the speeder for dear life. The assassin tried to lose him by diving, zig-zagging and flying towards the sky. However, Anakin managed to hang on. As Obiwan and Melanie got closer, Anakin stabbed his lightsaber through the window and into the cockpit attempting to disable the ship. Unfortunately, something happened and his lightsaber flew away. Melanie quickly unbuckled herself and caught the weapon.

"Nice catch." Obiwan complimented. Melanie was going to reply when the speeder they were chasing erupted into flames. Smoke began billowing out and it began to lose altitude. Melanie saw Anakin fall off. Reaching into her glovebox, she pulled out a blaster she had stored in there for times of need. The blaster had never been used. Making sure the safety was on she pushed it into the waistband of her jeans and pulled he blouse over it to cover it.

Obi-Wan put Melanie's speeder down and they both jumped out and sprinted to cut off the assassin. Instead, they bumped into Anakin.

"Anakin," Melanie yelled.

"She went into the club and where are your shoes?!" He replied urgently and then looked down at Melanie's bare feet. She shifted them uneasily, red with embarrassment. Obi-Wan ignored this.

"Patience. Use the force. Think. ("Sorry master") He went in there to hide not to run. ("Yes master") next time try not to lose it. You're lucky that our friend Melanie here is good at catching. This weapon is your life."

"I try, master"

"Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"

"Don't say that master, you're the closest thing I have to a farther." Melanie looked away as they walked in the club. She felt like she wasn't supposed to hear this conversation.

"Then why don't you listen to me."

"I am trying."

They stopped just inside the door and looked around for a moment. There were lots of unusual people here, all different types of species. There were big boards with sports games playing. There was a smell of alcohol and sex in the air. Melanie shivered and unconsciously moved closer to the two Jedi knights.

"Can you seem him?" She asked Anakin.

"I think he is a she, and I think she is a changeling."

"In that case, be extra careful." Obi-Wan looked around before saying to Anakin "go and find her."

"Where are you going, master?" Anakin asked.

"We're going for a drink." Obi-Wan offered an arm to Melanie and she winked back at Anakin, to which he rolled his eyes and began his search.

Melanie order them two drink of the waters of ando, a blue refreshing shot. Obi-Wan took a sip while Melanie chucked it back, shrugging when he looked at her like she was insane.

"It's been a long day." She said.

A man to her right overheard her and asked in a croaky voice "you wanna buy some death sticks?"

"You don't want to sell us death sticks." Obi-Wan waved his hand.

"I don't want to sell you death sticks."

"You want to go home and rethink your life." He did the hand thing again.

"I want to go home and rethink my life." The death stick man said before leaving. Melanie's jaw dropped.

"What the hell was that?" She asked.

"Jedi mind tricks," Obi-wan replies before taking another sip of his drink. Did he not understand the point of a shot was to get it over with in one go?

"Have you ever used one on me?" Melanie asked.

"It only works on the weak-minded. You are not weak-minded, I know that for sure."

"Am I supposed to take that as a compliment?" The two shared a long stare. Melanie found herself looking deep into his grey-blue eyes. Obi-wan found himself taking in how flawless her skin looked under the low lighting of the bar.

However, the moment was broken when Obiwan quickly brought out his lightsaber and turned very quickly. Melanie gasped and turned as well. There, a metre or so behind her was a now handless assassin. Anakin suddenly appeared in time to say "easy, Jedi business, go back to your drinks." Warding off the small crowd that had grown. Obi-wan put the arm of the assassin around his shoulder and helped her walk outside.

"Do you know who it was you were trying to kill?" Obi-Wan went straight into the interrogation.

"It was a Senator from Naboo." The changing replies, moaning in pain.

"And who hired you?"

"It was just a job."

"Who hired you, tell us." Anakin said gently before yelling "tell us now."

Melanie kicked Anakin's leg before gently removing the girl's helmet, gently brushing out her hair. The changing was right, it was just a job to her and now it had cost her her hand. Despite the point that she had tried to murder Padme twice, Melanie pitied her. In a softer voice, she asked Anakin's question again.

"It was a bounty hunter called-" the assassins sentence was cut off as she was shot in the neck. She gagged on the end of her sentence and fell limp. They turned to see someone jet off into the sky.

Obi-Wan pulled a dart out of the changeling's neck while saying "toxic dart."

The group of three stood up and unceremoniously left the body of the woman behind. They loaded back into the speeder, Anakin driving again and Melanie sitting on Obiwans lap. Now that they weren't in an epic chase, it was Melanie's time to be hyper-aware contact between the two. She thought back to the long stare they had in the bar and had to look away to hide her blush. Obi-Wan was trying very hard not to notice how nice Melanie's shoulders looked through the thin blouse. Anakin, on the other hand, was thinking about how Padme would look when she first wakes up. He prayed that one day he would be able to see her that way. All three of them were silent in their thoughts as they made their way back to Padme's apartment.