Seventeen

"Hey Brian, I picked everything up. Help me carry it all in?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course," Brian smiled.

We walked out of the employee entrance and made a few trips inside with cases and boxes of supplies that were being rented or were purchased for tonight. Once we had everything on the club floor, Brian returned to his office to get back to work. I, however, had to get this place private party ready. I used my sketches as a reference and began setting up linens and putting together centerpieces for the tables. I had rented black linens, as requested, and bought sheer silver material for the ceiling. I grabbed the tallest ladder we had and began hanging the sheer silver material from the ceiling, making it drape all the way across the club.

I was putting the ladder away when my phone began to ring, an adorable picture of Chris filling my screen.

"Happy birthday," I smiled as I answered the call.

"Thank you, but you already told me that this morning," Chris laughed.

"I plan to say it as much as I can today, so happy birthday," I giggled.

"You are adorable," Chris smiled, "I miss you."

"I will come over after work to make it up to you for missing whatever you're doing tonight," I promised.

"You better make it up to me."

"I will, but I have to finish setting up at work," I sighed.

"Before you go, you are enough, and you can be loved."

"You told me that this morning," I smiled, "and you wrote that on the mirror when I was in the shower."

"And I am going to keep saying it until you believe it, and I mean actually believe it," Chris insisted.

"You are too much," I bit my lower lip.

"And you will be the death of me Natalina."

"Happy birthday Christopher," I smiled, "I will see you tonight."

"Thank you, beautiful."

I hung up the call and got back to work setting up the club. We had to order a few special requests for alcohol, and I had to make sure we had everything set before it got too close to open.

"Sup hot bitch," Stas laughed as she leaned against the bar in the tight, white dress I told her to wear.

"Hey," I laughed, "I still have to change, you look hot."

"I know," Stas smirked, "it looks amazing in here, Nat."

"Thanks," I smiled.

Stas climbed over and helped me set up the bar. We triple stocked what we normally would for a Friday night; this party was expecting over 300 people, and the only staff who was here to work was Stas and I. After the bar was fully stocked, I set up our registers and went to change. I made my way to our locker room and changed into my own tight, white dress. It was one of my favorite dresses that I own, which is shocking because it's not black and it's feminine. It's a long sleeve, tight dress that sits off my shoulders. I tied my heels but left my choker off. I put on a dark red lipstick and made sure I looked exactly how I wanted before I made my way back out onto the club floor.

"Damn, who are you dressing up for?" Stas asked, "because you look like you are about to chain up all the men and get what you want."

"You're ridiculous," I laughed, "all I did was pick something for us to coordinate."

"You're hot," Stas laughed, "damn, I'd go gay for you."

"Jeez, I should let Nat call the shots more often," Brain smirked, "you both look incredible, and it looks amazing in here."