wildest dreams

Ten years. It had been ten years since the Labyrinth. Ten years since I met the man that changed my life, made me question everything and turned my world upside down. I was an adult now, I was only a child when I entered the labyrinth to get my brother back, but I always had this feeling, when I met Jareth, he made me believe that it was a dream, I didn't think it was real, but I knew it was, it wasn't just a story, it was real life. I knew that.

It was two in the morning, I was trying to sleep, but there was an annoying tapping on the window, and it was driving me insane. I groaned, annoyed as I stood up, I opened my window and something flew inside, I gasp, rubbing my eyes as a white Owl flapped around, before landing on the foot of my bed. "What the hell?" I laugh, amused that of all things, an Owl was on my bed. "Really?" I cross my arms, and it cocked its head, like it was listening to me somehow. But it was a bird?

"Hello, Mr Bird." I sat down on the ground opposite it, just tired and grouchy. "What do you want? You just gonna sit there and look pretty?" I giggled, as I bite my lip softly. It flew over and it sat on my lap, I looked at it, not understanding what it was doing. "This is weird.. hang on." I gently put the Owl on my bed, before I grab the book I was reading from my table. "This is so weird. You look like the Owl from the book I'm reading." I cross my arms, before I turn away.

"I would of thought you'd remember an old friend, y/n." I heard from behind me suddenly, my eyes widen, that voice. It was so familiar. I turn my head, and I dropped the book on the ground, when I saw the man in front of me. "Oh my god." I couldn't believe my eyes. He was alive? And he was here. "How..? How are you here? I didn't call for you." I frown, as I watched him, unsure. "You didn't need to. You call my name every single night, but this time, I came." He gave me that look, and my heart almost burst, he was so attractive. (FYI: What he means in easy terms is, when you do ya deed, the cheeky finger, when you get off, he hears you moaning his name LOL just saying)

"I stopped believing in you, Jareth. You were messing with my head. I was a child. And I didn't know how I felt about you, you made my thoughts change. You changed me." I told him, and he just watched me, like he was amused. "God, don't look at me like that." I shake my head and he gently took my hands. "There was a reason I came back." His eyes were looking through me, and it was like he could see me, for who I really was inside. "Why?" I watch him, confused. "What's the date, y/n?"

I turn and look at the date on my clock, ten years exactly since the Labyrinth. I smile to myself, before looking back at him. "Ten years." I whisper, as he nodded. "I was heartbroken when you left me that day. And I was in love with you. And I still am, I know we can make it work." I take a deep breath and I frown, "I can't. I can't go back with you. I just can't do it again. I can't put myself through it again." I shake my head, and I sat down on my bed. "Just think about it?" He looked back, before he turned back into an Owl and he flew out into the night, and I laid down on my bed.

Suddenly, I woke up, gasping as I look around, it was dark, and the windows were open. But it was all just a dream. But I really did hope, that he would come back for me. One day.

In the distance, I heard the familiar coo of an Owl, perched in a tree nearby and I smiled.

He was back.