just you and me time

Setting: Demi and Odell's House, Calabasas, CA

Since the house was officially unpacked and everything was settled, Demi decided to throw a little party at the house not just to celebrate that they were officially moved back to California, but also to celebrate Odell starting his season and Gia...

Since the house was officially unpacked and everything was settled, Demi decided to throw a little party at the house not just to celebrate that they were officially moved back to California, but also to celebrate Odell starting his season and Gia starting school soon. She was going to same school as Drew so she was super excited about it and Demi was excited to get back into the routine of the school year. The only person that was dimming her mood was Odell.

A few weeks into his new schedule and Demi could already see the effect that it was having on him. But he was the one who had decided against living in San Francisco because everything they did - except for football - was in Los Angeles. So every morning he had to wake up twice as early to fly to the training facility, and every night he didn't make it back home until around 6pm. It was the commute plus the training that was wearing him down. The only problem was, Odell wasn't coming out and saying that. Instead he was nitpicking with her over the pettiest things and Demi was one comment away from snapping on him. She was trying to be supportive and understanding but that was hard to do when he wouldn't even talk to her about what was really going on.

"Are you going to clean up in here?" Odell asked as he came downstairs in his swim shorts and a hoodie. His outfit made no sense but Demi didn't say anything about it because unlike him, she wasn't one to pick at him over stupid stuff.

"Obviously I'm going to clean it but the kids just had a snack and I'm making sure that the caterers are setting up everything outside," Demi responded with a roll of her eyes.

"What's with all the attitude?" Odell questioned as Demi just stared at him. Once he figured out that she wasn't going to respond, he went out to the backyard.

***

"You're letting her leave the house like that?" Odell asked as he entered Gia's bathroom, where Demi was attempting to brush her curly tendrils into a neat ponytail. The thing with Gia was that she was already very artistic and the way that she expressed herself was through her clothes, which Demi had no problem with. Today's outfit was a slightly cropped shirt with the matching pants. It was simple and Demi didn't understand why Odell had a problem with it.

"Leave the house like what? We're just going grocery shopping," Demi retorted, wrapping the elastic around Gia's ponytail.

"You don't see a problem with what she has on? But let someone else make a comment about it and you're going off on them and threatening to sue," Odell reminded her as Demi turned to glare at him.

"When have you ever cared about what Gia wears? Come on now, Odell. I don't have time for this," Demi mumbled as she left the bathroom.

***

"Hey Dems, I need your help sorting through this laundry. I need to repack my gym bag," Odell said as he entered the formal living room where Demi was sitting with her glasses on, reading a book on her iPad.