Chapter 11: The Making of Armies

"Why shouldn't I kill you right now?" Nightmare asked Papyrus, a sharpened tentacle poised are his soul.

"I DIDN'T COME FOR A FIGHT. I CAME TO ASK YOU FOR HELP," Papyrus explained, not phased at how close he was to dusting.

Nightmare was slightly perplexed by the fact that Papyrus was just staring him down. What was really getting at him was that he was being so negative. Papyruses were normally positive and sickening to him. Few would ever be negative, much less classic Papyrus.

"Why are you so... negative?" Nightmare asked, taking his tentacle away. It wasn't any use to hold it there, there was no fear coming off him in the slightest anyways.

    "INK AND DREAM MADE A MISTAKE AND IT SEEMS I'M THE ONLY ONE TAKING ACTION TO FIX IT," Papyrus explained. "I NEED YOU ALL TO STOP THIS CHILDISH WAR TO SAVE MY BROTHER."

    "And why do we have to save your brother?" asked an annoyed Killer from behind Nightmare.

    "BECAUSE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND HOW IMMATURE, STUPID, AND SOMETIMES LAUGHABLE INK AND DREAM ARE WHEN THEY TRY AND RESCUE ANYONE," Papyrus said. Papyrus was never a fan of Ink, Dream, Nightmare, or any of the people that 'protected' the universe. To him, they all did more harm than good. If you wanted to help someone, it was better they know you're actually helping instead of assuming they knew everything they were doing wrong.

"What do you mean 'rescue someone'?" Dust asked from beside Papyrus, his knife slowly lowering after seeing Nightmare remove his tentacle.

"BECAUSE OF YOUR CHILDISH WAR WITH INK AND DEAM, THEY SENT MY BROTHER INTO ANOTHER MULTIVERSE TO GET A BIGGER TEAM," he explained, "BUT THEY HAVEN'T FOUND ANYWAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIM FOR TWO MONTHS. I'M ASKING FOR YOU TO STOP FIGHTING THE STAR SANSES LONG ENOUGH TO RESCUE MY BROTHER."

| Classic | —

    Classic hadn't expected to hear anything like that, much less someone from Cross' AU. It was definitely interesting. Then he remembered that Cross didn't have an AU.

    "Wait, wait, wait. Cross has people from an AU that doesn't exist?" Classic asked to clarify.

    "That's not it," Crazy said slightly annoyed. "Cross can still have the people of his AU, but certain circumstances are needed for those multiverses."

    "Like what?" Classic asked.

    "Hmm, an evil Ink, a half of a soul, and the destruction of almost an entire multiverse," Crazy said.

    "That explains why I never knew," Classic said. "So, when am I going to get that 'army' to get out of here?"

    "Just be patient," Crazy chided. "The armies here are formed by those who want to help."

    "So, for us to make an army, we need to trust that most people want to help me?" Classic asked. "That shouldn't be the case! You have such strong people down here that you should just be able to make the army without asking them!"

    "That's not how it works down here," Crazy said seriously. "Some of the people down here hate how they're special and would fight tooth and nail to keep any sort of army from being made."

     Classic mulled over this. Why should some of these people shun their unique abilities? Now that he thought about it, he'd never really seen Crazy's abilities other than shapeshifting. Was Crazy self-conscious about his abilities?

    "Are you self conscious?" Classic asked.

    "About what?" Crazy asked.

    "Your abilities."