Guys' Night Out

Maddie saw Jake tense at the sound of her voice before slowly turning around to face her. He looked so sexy in his jeans, and his black t-shirt was stretched across his chest. All Maddie wanted to do in that moment was tear his shirt off so she could run her hands all over his taut muscles. Nate had actually texted earlier in the day while she was on patrol suggesting she show up with some friends at a local bar. Apparently, Jake had saved her phone number but for some crazy reason did not call her. Nate found it and wanted to keep his involvement, in his words, as "top secret". At first, Maddie was not going to come because Jake had a second chance and blew it. But......she could not help but think that maybe she should give it one more chance.

So, here she was at the bar with two of her friends, locking eyes with the annoyingly handsome and frustrating Jake Bates. At first, he just stared at her for a moment. Maddie put her hands on her hips and began tapping her foot, making it obvious she was waiting for a response.

"What, is Officer Hopewell going to arrest me for having a little fun?" Jake mused with a smirk on his face.

"Jake Bates is actually telling jokes right now? I should have gotten here sooner," Maddie exclaimed.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Jake asked suspiciously.

"Well it's good to see you too Jake," Maddie replied dryly. "Actually, my friends and I are here for some drinks. I saw you and thought I would say hi. Since, you know, you told me you wanted to be friends."

"Uh.....yeah.....it's just that....," Jake stammered.

"Hey Jake, who's this fine lady? By the way, I'm Parker!" Parker interrupted loudly while putting an arm around Jake's shoulders.

Nate approached as well and stuck out his hand. "Hey I'm Nate, Jake's brother. And you are?"

"I'm Maddie. It's so nice to meet you guys." Maddie smiled and shook Nate's hand. She then proceeded to shake Parker's hand and was surprised when he brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it, causing Maddie to giggle. Parker definitely had a few drinks already.

"It's nice to meet you madam. And how do you know Jake? I wasn't aware he was hiding a beautiful woman from us," Parker said in his most charming voice.

Maddie saw Jake glaring at Parker. Was he.....jealous?

"Actually boys, I know Jake from a long time ago. I was just saying hello. A couple of my friends are getting drinks over there, if you care to join us," Maddie said while gesturing toward a table near the bar.

"That sounds...." Parker started out.

"We can't Maddie, sorry. It's supposed to be a guys' night out tonight. Maybe another time," Jake mumbled out.

"But...."

"Come on Parker," Jake snapped while dragging him back to the dart board. "See ya Maddie," Jake called to her while glancing back at her over his shoulder.

"Nate!" Jake beckoned.

"Sorry," Nate mouthed to Maddie with a grimace before turning around to join his brother.

Maddie was annoyed and hurt by Jake's rejection, again. Her two friends, Alice and Tiffany, were sipping on their drinks when Maddie returned to the table.

"So...I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Tiffany asked hesitantly.

"Forget him, I'm getting drunk tonight. Maybe I'll find a hot guy to entertain me too! If Jake doesn't want me, I'm sure there are plenty of other guys who would love to hang with me tonight," Maddie declared.