him

A break up was required.

He was much above medium height, dark haired and waved back from a high forehead. Unlike the others, he had a cynical, world weary look. His hand, when he touched her fingers, was satin smooth, as if he had never done a hard day's work in his life.

He simply was the one, chosen by the stars, to fulfill her life with light. Yet the wind could predict a tragedy coming.

Rain, sunflowers and stars... were all blessing them by blooming and shining and showing their charm to them. They profoundly loved the moon and the sky. Their favorite activity was listening to the sound of silence...

Too perfect to be real, right?

They both didn't believe in love, especially him, who has always thought that love was just an illusion, presenting the correct set of desirable traits, owning the choice to turn it on or off.

He has read hundreds of novels in his life, most of them were claiming that love was the center of the universe, that it could heal any damages inside of us, that it was what we need to survive.

From Bronte to Austen, he thought they were fools for believing in something fictional, only found in warm pages of a book.

But all that has changed once he met his Elizabeth Benny.

He never thought that one day he'll  completely, totally change until her, who took his hand and led him out of darkness and showed the stardust their souls are made of.

He knew about her disease late after her first surgery, thanks to the faith that made her doctor be his mother.

So now that he knows her flaws, she was afraid that he'll never love her again, that he'll leave her... but that's not happening yet.

I just wanted to feel more natural, acceptable and wanted. I am tired of other's compassion and how they don't know what to say when they see me.. I just want to be normal.

She said, that night.

He raised his hand to her cheeks, and kissed her.