Chapter 16

~ Doc's POV ~ (I swear I'll choose someone else soon ;-;)

I poked at the rock. How was this supposed to help fix a porcelain mask? It's just... rocky. I guess I couldn't question the orders of Mask, he'd know how to fix himself more then anyone else.

"So... what do I do?" I asked to the air.

Place me on top of the rock, facing up. He ordered, and I complied. I sat back on the ground, crossing my legs and watching. I sat for a few minutes, but... nothing seemed to be happening. Ah well, I've been forced to stare at walls for weeks at a time, so nothing too bad. My mind wandered and I couldn't help but think about the first time stepping foot out of the Foundation's hold with my love. 

"My dear, shall we out your favored lavender bushes outside the house? Like old times?"

Ah, the sweet scent of the lavender would fill my beak every morning when I opened the windows. It was almost as if I had been teleported into the past, remembering the house that Mask and I shared while curing so many centuries ago while I was Mask's host. Those pleasant times before the disaster. I felt my heart ache for the feeling once again.

In my little daydream fantasy, I was baking a cherry pie with a radio playing what the human's called "christian rock". The birds chirped sweet melodies as the summer breeze swept its way into the kitchen. I heard a distant call, but I was too far into my own world to understand it. It kept calling, calling, calling. Louder, louder, louder. And suddenly, I was back in the cave, a dying torch laying beside me. I looked up, realizing that it was Mask calling my name.

"Doctor! Goodness, you looked dead and almost gave me a HEART attack, if that was even possible." He yelled. I realized there were no more cracks, just a fine blue line where it used to be. I wasn't sure how that happened, but I won't question.

"Sorry, just lost in my thoughts." I replied simply, picking him back up. I subconsciously traced the line, finding the new detail quite handsome.

"Ah, you usually are. What are you thinking about this time, not having patients for the Pestilence?" He let out an chuckle.

"Mm, something like that." I picked back up the torch and trailed my way back to the others.

Upon arrival, I found Larry awake. He was staring outside, which happened to be quite wet from a rainfall that settled over the area. He turned at the sound of us making our way over.

"You two lovebirds done making out down there or something?" He smirked.

"We were not making out, thank you very much. Doc was nice enough to help fix me." Mask responded defensively.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyways, we've gotta figure out where we're heading from here." He said, nodding out. "I'd say we use my dimension. While you were gone, I've already created a few portals towards a close town."

"Oh, well then we can try our best to take those routes." I said, looking around to the others. Shy was laying in a corner, his head facing the wall with his hands rested gently over his face. Peanut was standing between two rocks, barely noticeable besides the green and red painted over his face. And Remi was curled up in a ball with her head on a piece of cloth. 

I needed to work to get this family of mine out. It feels... even more important then my purpose, to cure. 

That's a strange feeling. My entire life revolves around the Pestilence, yet now.. it isn't my entire life? 

Flashing. My mind was blurred. I saw a figure, some clothed figures surrounding it. 

No, go away.

Not now.

Please.

Wait.

"Doc, are you okay?" Mask asks, and I snap back to myself. "I could feel your hands shaking. Your aura seems afraid. What's wrong, my love?"

I look down at his sweet face. God, he really is my world. Remi is my world. They both give me a reason to feel happy. A reason to not be a drone.

"Of course, I'm just nervous is all." I pull him into a cradle in my arms.

"I promise you that the first thing I'll do when I get a host is hold your hands. God, I never realized how much I missed that. I'll also give you a big kiss, yes? And pull you close, never let go. I think you deserve it. No, I know you deserve it. And then-" Mask droned on and on, it was very cute.

I sighed, leaning my head back and resting myself into a little crevice. I needed rest to remove the small aches and pains, and hearing Mask's droning voice just helped to lull me to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ok, I have a little predicament.

I really want to remake the cover to this story since it's shit, but I have no idea what to do. I also want to change the name and, honestly, the description. I hate it all, but I don't know what to do with it. If you all could give some suggestions, that would be very much appreciated. :>

Also, I was hoping to possibly add new perspectives, adding more personality to Peanut, Larry, and Shy since rn they're just pretty much background characters. Would y'all like that or do you just want to focus on Doc, Mask, and Remi?

Anyways, that's all, have a lovely day/night. <3

~ Toodles