Chapter 8: Meeting

Let's do this!! Quarantine is making me lose my mind a little bit. Not yet though.
~~~

Mystogan's POV:

I was dozing off in my own little world as I was sitting through the meeting, I was thinking about Erza and her beautiful smile, till suddenly loud bang noise happened in front of me as the chairman slammed his hands down.

"What?" I jumped.

"Your majesty, please pay attention this is very important." The head chairman yelled at me.

"Yes, yes, I know it's the same old thing, that I need to find a bride and get married and producing hair, we always repeats the same thing every single meeting. Like seriously what's the point of even having any of these meetings anyway?" I asked as I was angry.

"I'm sorry your majesty is something wrong?"

'Yeah something wrong. I was having a moment with Erza and then this meeting ruined everything.' I thought to myself.

"Nothings wrong. I'm just having a bad day that's all." I said kindly trying to make up for my lack of respect.

"Well, I'm sorry your having a bad day your majesty, but we have important matters to intent to. The ball tomorrow night." He said.

My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"I beg your pardon, what ball?" I asked confused.

"The ball in which princesses from neighboring countries are coming to meet you and you must choose one of them to become your queen." The chairman answered me.

"Oh wow, the day just got even worse."

By this point everyone in the room was talking about how I haven't been paying any attention, and that I'm being rude which is never am.

"Haha," I stood up from my chair and patted myself down, "chairman may I please speak with you in the hallway?" I asked, even though it was technically a demand.

I laughed to myself as I left the room with the chairman, once he was out with me and closed the door, I crossed my arms around my chest and frowned.

"The answer is no, I'm not getting in less then a mouth. I like to move things slowly and so far it's not going slowly." I laughed.

The chairman sighed.

"Look your majesty, I'm sorry your having a bad day and all, but we just want a queen for Edolas."

"And I promise you, when the time is right you will have a perfect queen." I said.

"Your majesty, you won't be even choosing a bride tomorrow anyway."

"Great, so there's doesn't even need to be a ball tomorrow."

"Your majesty, we just want you to meet these ladies and get to know them and you never know you might find the right one, that's why were doing this for you."

I sighed in defeat.

"Alright. How many princesses?" I asked.

"It's only less then 10, fear not. Not that many."

"Very well." I nodded my head. "Let's get back in there."

"Um wait, I'm sorry your majesty to ask you this, but the council has been very lenient with you and that you keep pushing the subject of marriage away. Is there any reason why?"

"No reason at all. I just want to live a little before settling down. That's all." I said.

"Well, the council fears that since we give you condoms and allow you to frolic around with women. We fear that you've fallen in love with a peasant." He stated.

"What? No, I have not and to be honest I don't even use the condoms, they are still sitting on my bathroom sink where you put them for me. Chairman I just wanna enjoy life before getting married. Believe me I do you want to get married and have a queen and I do want to have many children and an heir to the throne. Believe I do, I'm just stressed. I don't wanna make promises that I can't keep. I'm sorry."

And with that I walked away to my chambers. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna handle this tomorrow.

Knightwalker's POV:

The king went out in the hallway with the chairman. Meanwhile I remained seated and started wondering if my king is alright. Soon the chairman walked in by himself.

"Well, the king agrees tomorrow for the ball and everything else. This meeting is dismissed, we will talk more on this subject tomorrow morning. Good day to you all."

Everyone began packing their things and I just grabbed my spear and was about to leave till the chairman voice caught me.

"Captain may you please stay behind for a moment? I need to talk with you alone?" He asked. I nodded and waited for everyone to leave the room.

"Make it quick. I can't leave the king alone for to long." I said.

"Well, you see captain now that your the kings personal guard we need you to keep an extra on him."

"Um, why?" I asked confused.

"We fear that the king has fallen in love with a peasant. And we would like if you could find out who she is." He said.

'I have feeling for you, Erza.' The kings words echoed in my head.

"Um, alright what makes you think you that?" I asked.

"Well, the council has seen that every time the we mention marriage you tries to avoid it and changes the topic. We allow his majesty frolic with any women he chooses, but now we fear that he's falling in love with one of those women. Please find out about this lady. And once you do report back to us." He said.

'I never leave any women unsatisfied.' His words continued.

'Oh no what if the king is fallen in love with one of his past flings?' The king told me he had feelings for me, but never said he loved me. Oh god there's another one!!

"Wait, what if I do find this woman, what are you gonna do?" I asked.

"Just remove her from court that's all. Get rid of her, make sure she's not in the kings eyes anymore." He said.

"Wait, that will break the kings heart, if you do that. Sending away his love." I said.

"Kings have to make sacrifices all the time. It's time to move on. I'm sure a princess will be a much better lover for him, then some peasant he picked up." He said.

"Well you could find this women on your own. I'm not gonna hurt him."

And with that I left the room immediately and headed to the kings chambers.

I should've known. There's so many women who try and flirt with the king. There's so many snakes around the king and the king has fallen for them. I have to make sure nobody hurts him.

"I will protect you my king with my life and nobody will ever hurt you."

To be continued:

Thank you guys for reading I really appreciate it.

Have a lovely day.