Chapter 1

2nd week of 7th grade

"Alright class, so I've finally taken the time out my day to make you all a seating chart" Mr. Willams, my Spanish teacher announced.

The whole class groaned in annoyance.

"Anyways" Mr. Williams rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna start from the furthest from the right. Y'all better listen closely too."

"Jalen Richard, Karin Stocks, Yasmen Littles...."

"I hope we still get to sit near each other." I say to my new friend as she sits behind me.

I had just changed middle schools, so I didn't necessarily know that many people here. And while I'm not technically 'shy' I'm not the most outgoing person either.

"Yeah... it looks like the rows are filling up, so we should be next to each other." She smiled at me.

Jahniya was the first friend that I had made on my own at this school. She wasn't popular but she was nice and we shared the same sense of humor, and pretty much agreed on the same things. She introduced me to her group of friends, and they quickly became my group of friends too.

"Yes thank God." I sighed. I couldn't stand half of the people in this class. Most of them seemed to have no respect for the teacher or themselves.

"Jahniya Thompson, Kaleb Coombs, Zaria Mickens..."

"Bye girl, I hope we sit close." She pouted and rolled her eyes as she maneuvered to her new seat.

"Last row: Jason White, Faux Heux, Kiya Moreson, Taryn Price..."

"Fuck." I whispered to myself. As I got up, Jahniya shot me a look of pity. Neither of us were to fond of Kiya Moreson.
Atleast my seat was only a row away from Jahniya's.

"Hi! What's your name?" I looked up to see Kiya smiling brightly down at me.

"Taryn."

"I'm Kiya. Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you before."  I mentally rolled eyes. Just because you haven't seen me, doesn't mean I ain't go here sis.

I slightly smiled. "Yeah I'm new."

"Oh cool! What school did you go to before this?" And this is how class continued on. Her asking me a bunch of questions that didn't really matter.

While I appreciated her effort. The vibe from her was off, and I didn't wanna become associated with bad vibes.

————————————————————————
AN:
What it do baby!!!

I have a lot of drafts for this story and i decided i might as well post them🤷🏽‍♀️

this will be a short story!

i hope you guys enjoy it.

Please give feedback!!

Stay safe and healthy!🥰