Chapter 3

The Party

This was a night that changed a lot of things for Kiya and I (mostly for me). I remember almost everything vividly.

—-
"Come on Tay! You gotta go." Jahniya yelled.

"Yeah everybody is gonna be there. You'll literally be the only person in the 12th grade to not show up." Daisa said to me.

"Y'all I'm tired and y'all know I don't do parties like that." I groaned. My friends had showed up to my house to force me to attend this lame party.  I threw myself on my bed as they continued their tirade.

"Kenny is gonna be there." Niya said and they both snickered.

"So?" I said with an attitude.

"Don't do that now. We all know that y'all been flirting with each other for forever." Daisa rolled her eyes and pushed me off the bed.

"Y'all know I flirt by accident sometimes, it's just natural." I shrugged, still not convinced to attend the party.

"Yeah I remember when I first met you in 9th grade I thought you was fruity." We all laughed. "I thought you were tryna get with me."

"Sorry Dee, but even if I did swing that way, you're not my type." I patted her shoulder comfortingly and chuckled.

"What do you mean? I'm everybody's type!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Sorry Dee, she's just not that into you." Niya giggled.

"Akikiki, fuck y'all"

"You would like that wouldn't you?" I flicked my tongue and continued to tease her.

"Ugh y'all get on my nerves! Tay are you coming to the party or not?" She folded her arms.

"Well since you asked so nicely...yeah I'll go. I don't have anything else to do." I got up and started looking through my closet.
"Y'all whores better help me pick an outfit!"

——-
After forty minutes of driving, we were finally at our destination. The house looked decent on the outside but you could tell it was a whole different story on the inside.

I checked myself out on my phone camera to make sure I looked good. I decided to wear a sky-blue, collared, bodycon dress. I paired it with a cropped jean jacket, some crew socks and my air force ones (un-creased, of course). I started applying some lip liner and gloss over my lips to make them more pronounced. I tussled my long faux to make sure they looked 'cute without trying.'

"Y'all hoes ready to shake some ass!" Dee screamed as we got out the car.

"Hell yeah!" Niya and I screamed back. Even though we both knew we would be standing around due to some officer positions we held at school.

We walked in and were immediately hit with the smell of ass and weed.
"Oh so this is a party party." Dee said as we walked through the door.
Soon, we all were pulled in different directions. Dee went to go dance, Niya went to go find the weed, and I went to socialize.

I had found a girl from my AP government class to talk to. She was telling me about how she was going to college in France and how she would miss her friends but she hated Florida and wanted to go as far away as possible.

While I was in the middle of a conversation with her, Kenny walked up.

"Hey sorry to cut you off, but do you mind if I steal shawty for a second." He asked pointing at me.

Kenny was one of the smoothest players in our grade. But, he was fine! He was brown skin with earrings, nice teeth, and the waviest hair known to man kind. Unfortunately, he wasn't that tall, which is were his downfall began.