004 | Compromise

Kaname's POV:

I didn't have a choice; I didn't have a choice to do it differently. Y/N never smelled human blood, which is stronger than animal blood. She would already have run away if I didn't show up, but then there would've come a day when she would be too late; it was just a matter of time.

So I made her faint to stop her urge to drink and took her with me to the dorm. I had to give her blood, but I already knew that the strongest way that could help her hold her thirst the easiest, the neck, wasn't going to happen. I found myself considering various methods, and crazy ideas. Finally, I found an idea that I was okay with, and that was pretty straight to the point.

I held Y/N in my arms as I walked to the night class dorms.

"And who is this beauty?" Aidoh walked up to me the moment I opened the door while he took a string of Y/N's hair and observed it closely. "This is Y/N; she is our new Night Class student from now on." "Why is she laying blacked out in your arms if she is just our new classmate?" I sighed and simply walked away to my room, where I laid her down on my bed. Her length was just a little longer than half of the bed's length, which was cute.

Y/N's POV:

I don't know where I am, but whatever I am laying on is so soft! Thousands of big, furry blankets! I crammed as much as I could into my arms without opening my eyes, then wrapped myself in them like a burrito.

"Y/N?" No, leave; I need to sleep.''Y/N.'' I already said no. A second later I felt a hand touching my hair, so I jumped up and growled at it. ''Oh... Kaname..?'' He chuckled, thinking to himself, I wish I could read his mind. "Where am I?" I asked, now realising I wasn't in my tree anymore. ''And where has Aki gone?'' I screamed in panic, not seeing him in the room I was in.

"He is in the living room; Shiki and Ichijo stopped him the moment he walked in and started petting him and stuff," Kaname said, smiling, trying to calm me down. "But why am I in this room?" "You are in my room since I took you here to calm you down and make you a deal."

I sat up and looked at him seriously. ''What kind of deal?'' '' As you saw, the moment you smell blood, you can't handle yourself since you have never tasted it. I know that you don't want to drink from my neck, so I thought of a different idea. That way you won't go out of your boundaries and still have my blood.'' ''And how is that possible?"Y/N, please drink from my wrist."''

I was perplexed, drinking from a pureblood vampire's wrist and refusing to kiss his neck are seen as insults, as something unbelievable, because you show you want to be killed the moment you do that. Why would he request such a thing?

"I don't care that others might think of it as an insult." "What do you mean, Kaname?" "Well, I let you drink my blood so you won't have so much trouble coping with being around humans, and you won't go over your boundaries, still getting the dominance and control you need." He chuckled at the last part.

I thought about it for some time. The first time you drink shows how much blood you need and what your position is. If I were just a human that turned after a bite, I don't belong here. "Y/N, don't be scared about your position; you will probably be one of the higher if I should give out my suspicions." I looked at him, perplexed, but he remained silent.

I nodded. "Okay, I am okay with that." He nodded, and then extended his wrist to me. 

Kaname's POV:

Y/N looked unsure, almost scared of what would happen the moment she took my wrist. "You won't hurt me, and I will just heal as long as you are drinking; I will just make more blood every time you take some away." She simply nodded, inhaling and exhaling, taking my wrist and shoving her fangs into it, while still looking unsure.

After that, I just simply waited, making her comfortable every time she was scared I would get hurt. I knew I was going to sit like this for a long time; I knew how much blood you drink and can hold and how high your position is.

She became more tired as time passed. It was at that point that I let her head rest on my chest, stroking her head and hair and making her comfortable. I was sure that if she were wide awake and not this busy, she would've kicked my ass for doing this.

She is fascinating to think about; no one knows how or why she became this way, but she also demonstrates her dominance without feeling in charge. She needs control but forgets about it when there are more important things going on.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even see that she fell asleep, even though she kept drinking. She must have had a lot of thirst. I brought her closer to me so she could sleep between my legs; I didn't want her to get hurt while sleeping.

"Kaname, there is a visitor for you, but I wanted to come here first since there is a dog downstairs I don't know about," Kain said while walking in. "Quiet Kain, Y/N is sleeping," I said, looking at her. "Is that the girl that caused all the animal slaughters?" I nodded. "She would've run away if I wasn't there to talk to her. A group of humans from the Day Class went into the forest; one fell and bled a lot. "She couldn't hold it; you stopped her and took her with you?" I nodded again, this time looking him in the eyes. "Then why is she sleeping in your arms?" ''Take a closer look, Kain.'' I wanted to see his reaction; sometimes trying to get out certain reactions is fun, especially from someone like Kain, he's rather emotional, and he would've found out anyway.

"She is drinking from your wrist, Lord Kaname! How can she do that?! That's disgusting! '' ''Otherwise, she wouldn't drink; it was my idea.'' "I know I shouldn't say this, but sometimes you are crazy."

"And I always have a reason for it."