Chapter 6.

Rita looked up to see Mr. Bucks staring at her so intently but then he quickly looked away so fast she thought she might have imagined his stare. Adjacent to Mr. Bucks , Asha was seated and was glaring daggers at her.  Surely ,it was not her fault she did not have the report, was it?

Mr. Bucks then began the meeting and everyone got serious paying attention to him, though Rita thought that Mr. Bucks occasionally looked in her direction but was trying to mask it. Well, he better not think of trying anything because I hate that son of a bitch. If he is looking to see if I'm scared at him then he got it all wrong. Rita pouted her lips in anger and narrowed her eyes but little did she know that that only made her more irresistible to Bucks who was  indeed sneaking glances at her direction.

"... my assistant, Asha is going to take you through the rest of the presentation regarding a report on sales and demand for the last month,"  Mr. Bucks finished thirty minutes later and was now leaving the platform to take his seat for a very panic stricken Asha who was now fidgeting in her seat.

"Asha..." Mr. Bucks pressed on, concerned expression on his face staring at Asha while he now sat.

" I... I.. .don't have the report. She...ruined it," Asha said pointing a shaky finger at Rita while the room was filled with shocked gasps, " you see, this morning I went to confront her about it . She is always jealous of me ,Sir. She stole it from my desk and this morning she ripped it up in my face!" Asha then burst into tears.

Rita's mouth was left hanging open in disbelief. Everyone in the room was now looking at her in disgust, she could not even form words to defend herself.

"What an evil bitch!" Zara gasped beside  her. Well , at least Zara was on her side.

"Asha , why didn't you tell me earlier? " Mr Bucks demanded and did Rita hear a hint of anger in his voice or did she imagine it. She only hoped that anger was not directed at her.

"Sir,you see-" ,

"I didn't do it... I swear..! I didn't!" Rita bluttered out, in a pleading voice interrupting Asha.

The room feel silent with tension waiting for all hell to break loose with those who supported Asha against those that thought Rita was innocent. In this situation, Rita knew that those on her side were quite the minority but then ,a young man interrupted the silence and spoke up. He was the IT tech of the company, John, "Sir, Mr. Bucks , I believe there is no cause of alarm on this particular matter . If you would allow me retrieve a camera footage on the events that transpired in the office. We shall be able to clear things up,"

A nod was all it took from Mr. Bucks and the man hurriedly left the room to retrieve the footage. Rita looked over to Asha who was now trembling in her seat ,a guilty expression on her face . She then looked over to Mr. Bucks and found him clenching and unclenching his fists on the table, glaring at Asha then turned his head to glare at her. Clearly,this man did not like petty matters such as this ruining the meeting. She quickly looked down on her lap and hoped for the best.