Chapter 22

Terry's and Bucks' eyes were glued on the screen in front of them. The events in it unfolding how serious the situation was.

A grey eyed man sat at a huge mahogany desk ,sorting out files and a knock on the door was heard.

"Come in !" The grey eyed man ordered in a cold voice , looking up expectantly. The action revealing a greying hairline.

A short but huge frame of a man with blonde hair walked into the office and stood before the grey eyed man's desk.

" Regal , all plans are now in check. She cannot escape us this time, "

"Ooh! You have said the exact statement twice now but to no effect ! We have failed thrice in a row in getting her. The first time, our boy bled in a freaking car wreck. The second time, I got beat up to pulp by that protector of hers. Utter humiliation for a man of power !!! The last time, I had to deliver a note myself to the company, risking being seen ! And that is because YOU MESSED UP , JONATHAN !! I'm sick and tired of being played like this... " the grey eyed man slammed the desk with the palm of his hand making the expensive China on it shake due to the force.

"Regal, please calm down . This time things will go smoothly. Once she gets the note today, she will present herself here tomorrow -"

"Oh ! Those plans of yours better do so because this is the last time , the last time alright and if things go wrong ... I will not only fail to fulfil my part of the deal but I will also make sure you are six feet under dancing with the devil ! "

The blonde man's blue eyes widened in fear ,knowing crystal clear this was no empty threat.

"Out of my office ! " The grey eyed man roared ,his voice ice cold causing the blonde man to literally ran out of his room.

The grey eyed man sat down and raised a phone to his ear. Presumably, making a call.

"Dante, the girl is expected tommorow...make arrangements for the torture chamber. We must get the information....
... No need to worry about that , she doesn't know it but she is actually the code, " he slammed the phone on the desk and stood up , abruptly leaving the office.

* * *
Zara had received some important mail and she was sorting them out when she found five letters addressed to Mr. Bucks. She wondered why some people were so insistent on sending messages this way when there was electronic ways to send the messages and even better ,cloud storage for back up.

She got up from her desk and walked to his office. She was just about to knock the door when she heard hushed deep voices from inside and curiosity got the better of her. Zara looked on either side of the now deserted corridor and lightly pressed her ear against the door.

* * *

"Thank goodness, we successfully managed to sneak in the camera, " Terry stated in anger.

"We need to attack tonight, "

"Boss, what ?! "

Bucks glared at the man seated beside him.

"Terry, I'm quite positive the language used to interact in this particular footage is plain and simple English unless you've grown illiterate overnight! " Bucks scolded , shutting down the laptop and fiddling with his pen.

"Boss, I'm just worried. First, you've stayed in this office day and night because of a woman and now, we might die because of the same -"

" Terry, prepare sixty of the men and reinforcements. We are to attack at 1:30 a.m. You and the rest of my men stay put around the apartment. Do not leave the vicinity even if we are being overpowered. Not a single blood drop of Martha and Rita. I expect immediate action on the following instructions,"

"Yes , Boss ! "Terry rose from his seat.

The door was knocked and Zara came in. Bucks was too frustrated to realize that she entered in his office without invitation.

"Mr. Bucks, sir. You have these letters addressed to you, " Zara said sweetly as she placed the envelopes on the desk and left.

Terry followed her out.

Bucks ripped the first envelope . A phone fell out and his heart nearly stopped for a minute as he read the note attached .

Rita,

Tommorow morning at 9. WE are expecting you... If you fail to avail yourself then your little office friend, Zara, will gladly do for you.

Till then.

Bucks frowned and looked at the back of the envelope to confirm that it was indeed addressed to him but the content was not.

Dumbass, sent the message to the wrong person! He smirked as he now took his phone to call Terry . A few adjustments had to be made.

"Boss... "

" Come for Zara. Make it discreet... Take her to the fort not the apartment, they may be tracking her. ....
...Yes, the fort has sufficient reinforcements - "

* * *
Zara ran to her desk and grabbed her phone . She rushed to the bathroom . She was panicking and breathing heavy. She had to talk to Rita on what she just heard and talk to her fast.